Friday, January 10, 2014

My One Thousand Gifts #'s 56 -59

Each week, I'm highlighting new items I've added to my list of one thousand gifts. These aren't always big things. In fact, sometimes it's the littlest things that stick out the most. 

This week, I've added 4 new things...

#56 - good neighbors

I've been blessed in my time in Dakar. It's so nice living where I do, having neighbors that are so friendly, invite you over for a meal or just to hang out, help you out when you need it, pray for you, fellowship together, etc. 

#57 - time to "recharge"

Christmas Break was amazing on so many levels. It was so nice being back with my family, seeing friends, catching up on all sorts of awesome American-ness, etc. But one of the best things was being able to "recharge," so to speak. Spending time with my family always helps me do this. It gives me a little escape from "the real world" or work, etc., and allows me to just relax and get refreshed. Then when I come back home to Dakar, I'm refreshed and ready to start back to work.

#58 - a Daisy/Zizzie date

It's hard being so far away from my family for the majority of the year. This became even harder when my niece was born last August. I knew I'd be missing the majority of her life. So I planned right away that when she was old enough, I'd start a tradition of Daisy/Zizzie Dates, where she and I could go out to eat and then go shopping together. Well, last week we had our first (of many) Daisy/Zizzie Dates. We went to lunch at Panera Bread. I had a yummy turkey sandwich & a Dr. Pepper and she had some yummy yogurt, a banana, and milk. *It's what she wanted y'all. :) Then we went to Target, where she got a stuffed dog, a book, and a cute t-shirt with a dog on it. FYI... The kid's obsessed with dogs. She loves 'em! :) We laughed and talked all day. She's quite the talker these days. I love it! :)

#59 - large cups of ice water 

Praise Jesus for America and their awesomely clean/filtered/safe to drink ice and water :)

And in case you want a recap of the other things on my list, you can find them below...

No comments:

Post a Comment