Friday, May 23, 2014

5 on Friday

ONE - Our "homework" assignment for the weekly Bible Study I'm a part of was to pick a life word - a word that we want to apply to our lives. When I heard the lady on the video tell us that last week, I immediately knew which word I wanted... JOY. Then things happened this week, and my emotions took the best of me. And all along, I kept hearing the word, JOY. I'd see quotes online. God would direct me to Scripture verses on JOY even when they had nothing (or so I thought) to do with what I was reading. And it kept confirming what God had been saying all along... CHOOSE JOY! So, I've decided that this is going to be my new goal in my life. And who better to help me than God, Himself :)


TWO - Goodbyes aren't fun. That's for sure. And when I dismissed Kids Club for the last time this past Wednesday, and noticed my voice catching a bit and my eyes starting to tear up, this Winnie the Pooh quote immediately came to mind. Now just switch out "lucky" for blessed and we've got it right :)


THREE - I posted the status below on Facebook the other day. It needs no explanation, other than to say, once again, Thank you Jesus for answered prayers!


FOUR - I decided to take my last personal day today. I hate leaving my kids, but I know they're in excellent hands. I hate writing sub plans because it takes a lot of time and work to make them as incredibly detailed as I like them to be, but I had library duty after school yesterday, giving me time to finish them up. I say all that to say, I'm thankful everything worked out for me to be able to take today off and to be able to put my mind at ease about leaving my kids for the day. And I'm so looking forward to today - to doing a little packing and more importantly, to spending most of the day with a friend. God knows we need times off sometimes to recharge and refuel, so I'm glad to be have the chance to do that and get ready to finish these last 2 weeks strong!




FIVE - This week, I've thought a lot about friendships. As I've looked at the ones in my own life and the ones in the lives of my friends, I've confirmed something I've known for a while, but kind of took for granted. Friendship is such an amazing gift. And when I went online, searching for a nice friendship quote to include in this post, I found too many to pick just one. So I included a bunch. Enjoy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment