Wednesday, May 21, 2014

My One Thousand Gifts #'s 188 - 195




Each week, I'm highlighting new items I've added to my list of one thousand gifts. These aren't always big things. In fact, sometimes it's the littlest things that stick out the most. 

This week, I've added 8 new things...

#188 - people that pray

A friend put a post on Facebook asking for prayer and within hardly any time at all, there were over 150 replies of people from around the world saying they were praying. It's times like this when I love Facebook!

#189 - friendships

I've seen these played out in a few different situations this week and each time, whether for me or someone else, thank God for the gift of friendships. 

#190 - ice cream

I know this is far less "deep" than the first 2 items on my list, but still... My favorite ice cream in Dakar is obama flavor. I love it! Well, it's been sold out for the last few weeks, which has, of course, been very sad. So imagine my delight when I opened the freezer at work to find the treat a friend told me she'd left me, and I see a container of this amazing goodness! :)

#191 - finding a familiar sub

As I've stated on my blog before, I hate writing sub plans so very much! But it does help when you know the sub is a good one (...which I must say, has ALWAYS been the case at DA). So when I got permission to take the day off on Friday, I started calling subs. And it just so happens that the only one that was available was the one who subbed for me at the beginning of the year, so most of my kids already know her :)

#192 - a bag of pita bread

So, I know this seems odd, but go with me. One of my good friends from college's maiden name is Mims. Well, there's a bakery-type place downtown in Dakar named Mims. Go figure :) Anyways... For 5 years now, I've ridden by that place and wanted to take a picture of the sign, but it's super high up and at a weird angle, so I haven't been able to take one. Then yesterday, I went by the store to get a few things and picked up a bag of pita bread and guess who packaged it. Yep, Mims. So of course I took a picture and tagged my friend in it on Facebook :)


#193 - water balloons, cupcakes, and lollipops

You made for a fun ending to Kids Club. Thanks for giving "my" kids such a fun afternoon :)

#194 - notes from kids

Notes like the one below definitely puts a smile on my face and melts my heart :)


#195  - the chance to watch Mulan

It's nice when friends that let you come over when you just don't want to be by yourself for a while. It's even better when that friend's family is watching, only quite possibly my most favorite Disney movie ever, Mulan :)

And in case you want a recap of the other things on my list, you can find them below...

No comments:

Post a Comment