Saturday, May 3, 2014

The 107th Dear ___ Post

Dear 3 Day Weekend, You're what we have this weekend. YAY for that extra day of sleeping late :)

Dear Fiddler on the Roof, You're the musical our high schoolers are putting on this weekend and next weekend. I went to the Dress Rehearsal Thursday night and then to the actual performance last night. It was so good! We have some incredibly talented kids. That's for sure!

Dear Saying Goodbye, You're something that has to happen a lot to those of us in this line of work. Family, friends, so many goodbyes... It never really gets easier either. And knowing that in just a month I'm going to have to say some more makes me a little sad...

Dear More than just Teaching, You're what my job entails. Take this coming week, for example. I'll be teaching, having to be in 2 different meetings (one of which requires me to write out sub plans - yuck!), testing new potential ESL students after school, manning the library one afternoon, and running Kids Club one afternoon. I'll be arriving at school at 6:45 every morning and I won't be able to leave before 5:30 any day this week. And you know, while it is a lot, I do love it all - except for maybe the meetings that make me have to miss class time and write sub plans. ...because I absolutely hate writing sub plans :)

Dear Making Chili, You're what I'll be doing in a little while. I'm thankful for a good recipe, my crockpot, and a reason to actually make the chili. I love cooking for people, so it's always nice to get the chance to do so!

Dear Packing, You're on my agenda for today. I need to pack up, and put in storage, a friend's kitchen stuff I've been "baby-sitting" and using for the past 2 years. I need to pack up some of my own stuff to put in storage. And I figured I might as well go ahead and pack up some of my stuff I won't be using this last month that I'm planning to take back to the States too.

Dear Dr. Pepper, You're my gift to myself as a reward for finishing the above mentioned packing :)

Dear A Little Over 3 Weeks, You're how long is left 'til my niece is due to be born. ...and there's only 2  weeks after that before I'll be able to meet her. I'm so excited!

Dear Short, You're how I'd describe this week's Dear ____ post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment