Thursday, May 15, 2014

My One Thousand Gifts #'s 183 - 187



Each week, I'm highlighting new items I've added to my list of one thousand gifts. These aren't always big things. In fact, sometimes it's the littlest things that stick out the most. 

This week, I've added 5 new things...

#183 - a weekend away

I'm thankful for a weekend away with some friends. ...time to relax, to read, to work (just a little though), to sleep, to spend time with friends, etc. And the best part... It was quiet and the weather was cool (such a change from my usual). It was such a great weekend! 

#184 - 2 good conference calls

I had 2 important Skype calls this week. I'm thankful that they both went well (even if the electricity cut in the middle of one, forcing me to make an expensive call on my landline phone). I'm also thankful that the people I was talking to were all willing to do these calls over Skype and not require me to wait until I got to the States this summer.

#185 - S'mores poptarts

My taste buds were treated to this amazingness yesterday afternoon and oh my word... I now have a new favorite flavor of poptarts! It's probably a good thing I'm not in America (a.k.a. the land of Poptarts) and can't buy them often :)

#186 - a cute story about a banana

After Kids Club yesterday, one of my high school volunteers and I were sitting with a sweet kindergartener who was late being picked up. The volunteer asked him to tell him a story and in the most adorable Australian accent ever, this little guy told a cute HILARIOUS story about a "banana who was a king over a big land." 

And last, but most certainly not least, I'm thankful for a BIG gift that I got yesterday.

#187 - my brother becoming a dad of 2 girls






And in case you want a recap of the other things on my list, you can find them below...

No comments:

Post a Comment