Friday, May 30, 2014

5 on Friday


ONE - Today was my last day of teaching at DA. Next week is Final Exams, but since I don't give those, my week's a little more open. I have to do a little "spring cleaning," to get things ready for the teacher that will be taking my place. I have a few meetings. I have all the normal end of year stuff, like finishing report cards this weekend, printing out copies of my gradebook, lesson plans, etc. We have a graduation reception, awards day, and graduation. And I have quite a few goodbyes to say. It seems like just yesterday we were starting the school year. It's hard to believe that it's almost over...


TWO - My school, Dakar Academy, joined the Happy videos craze and made a Happy video too. They debuted it at chapel yesterday afternoon and it was met with great enthusiasm, praise, and yes - happiness :) You can see it by clicking on the link below.


THREE - Occasionally God decides to bless someone with a friend. ...someone you can talk to about anything, someone you can spend time with, someone who treats you like family, invites you for dinner, lets you come cry on her shoulder when you've had a bad day, gives you advice when you need it and listens when you need her to, knows the exact catch in your voice which means you've gotten bad news, and is always there. ...and more than any of that, prays for you, sends you Facebook messages with beautifully, sweetly written prayers that shows she genuinely cares for every part of your life - no matter how big or small. God has brought a lot of (good, close) friends in my life, but this lady... Well, she takes the prize... What a blessing she's been in my life. I'm definitely going to miss her when I leave...


FOUR - I found the quote below while browsing Pinterest the other night and immediately shared it on Facebook. It came at just the right time too. How ironic (...well, not really) that God would send this quote to me at a time when I needed it the most? I love how God plans things sometimes (...make that, All the time) :)




FIVE - I posted the following pictures on Facebook earlier this morning. As I looked through pictures from the past 5 years, I was flooded with memories. I can remember...teaching lessons, fingerprinting, loose teeth, memorizing Bible verses, reading stories, a reading teepee, the Days of the Week song, a few sets of twins, hyperactive angels, field trips, fun games, lightbulb moments, sweet hugs and smiles and I Love Yous, handmade cards and gifts, silly pictures, and so much more. Oh I'm so going to miss these kids!






No comments:

Post a Comment