Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Currently

Happy Wednesday Y'all

Today I'm joining Anne from In Residence for her monthly Currently link-up, where we share what's currently going on in our lives.

Each month, Anne gives us a list of prompts to use to guide our posts. 

March's prompts are...

* scheming * reading * buying * making * accomplishing *


I'm currently scheming (well, not really scheming - more like planning) a fun science project that my class will be doing on Friday, where my crew will be excavating "fossils." I can't wait to see how this turns out. I'm thankful for co-workers who shared their modeling clay and ideas to help make this project happen. My kids have been asking all week what the modeling clay is for. I think they're going to love this activity!



I'm currently reading and studying, in preparation for my newest class, which starts later this week. It'll be on Emotional/Behavior Disorders. It's a heavy topic. But it's one I've always been fascinated by, ever since working with a few such students half - way through my career.


I'm currently buying... I did buy some kale the other day. It was expensive. ...as is most good things here in Senegal. A very small little bundle of it was about $6. But y'all... It was my treat to myself and was worth every single penny. I have so thoroughly enjoyed eating it this week. So very yummy!

Image may contain: food

I'm currently making a long To Do List of all the things I need to accomplish before Spring Break.


sub plans for the 4 days before Spring Break
Grading / Report Cards
IEP progress reports
Parent Teacher Conferences
meetings with teachers
normal teaching (and all the normal prep that goes with it)
Kids Club (and all the normal prep that goes with it)
a big unit plan all teachers have due before Spring Break
planning ahead for after Spring Break
emails to send
support/missions update letter to write 
normal weekly activities
and more that I'm sure I've forgotten

It'd be easy to get overwhelmed by it all, looking at the ever-growing list of things to do. But I've prioritized the list as best as possible, making sure to focus myself on what absolutely has to be done at what time. And you know what? After doing that, and adding in some good times of rest, too, I realized that even though my list is long, it's not totally un-doable :)

I'm currently accomplishing my goal of writing a bit each evening. It's becoming almost therapeutic. I'm loving it! I'll be sharing more about my plans on here soon...



So what about you?
What are you currently up to?

6 comments:

  1. What a fun idea for the modeling clay! I would have loved an activity like that in school - actually it still sounds pretty fun as an adult :) Hope you get your to-do list accomplished without too much stress and enjoy a great spring break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll be excavating "fossils" (or rather - the word "fossil" in little letterboard letters). And yes... Modeling clay is always fun.

      Delete
  2. That's quite a to do list; I'm sure you'll be super pumped with Spring Break rolls around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so interested in how your fossil project turns out. It sounds like a lot of fun and I bet your kids will love it! Hope you get as much accomplished from your list as you can so you can then enjoy your Spring Break!

    ReplyDelete