Thursday, March 7, 2019

Let's Look at My Family

Happy Thursday Y'all

Today, I'm joining Shay and Erika and taking a look at my family.

Let's Look!

My family's pretty great.

Image may contain: Debra Nichols, Josh Nichols, Elisabeth Nichols and Victoria Payton Nichols, people smiling, people sitting and closeup

There's my mom.



And my brother.


And my sister-in-law.

Image may contain: 2 people, including Victoria Payton Nichols, people smiling, indoor

And my nieces.

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, people eating, people sitting, indoor and food

And I have lots of aunts and uncles and cousins too.

And I can't not mention my Dad. It's hard to believe that it's been almost 4 years since my dad passed away. It sometimes feels like it was just yesterday. Of course, we're grateful he's hanging out with Jesus, not sick or in pain anymore, and all that. But still.. My dad was, obviously, such a huge part of our family. So to not have him around anymore is so hard.  Oh my, do I miss him.



My family is so incredibly important to me. One of the hardest parts of my job as a missionary is being away from family all the time. I miss birthday parties and big celebrations. I have missed (and still miss) so many important events in the lives of my loved ones. And I hate that. I hate saying goodbye so much. 

BUT with that said... I love what I do. I love that I can do what God has called me to do. So that's why I continue to say those tearful goodbyes at the airport. That's why I buy gifts in advance or deliver gifts late. That's why I pack in all sorts of fun memory-making times into the few short weeks I have with family in the summers.

And y'all... I'm so blessed.

My family is (and always has been) so incredibly supportive of me following the call of God on my life. They've never discouraged me from my work on the mission field. Sure they miss me... But they've never once asked me to come home. They've never once asked me to stop doing this work. 

And speaking of missions...

I'm so thankful for my family on the field. I'm thankful for my Assemblies of God and my Dakar Academy co-workers (who I don't have any pictures with for some reason...) who have become like family. What a blessing these people have become to my life! I am so grateful for all of them!

Image may contain: 4 people, including Elisabeth Nichols, people smiling, outdoor


I'm thankful, too, for the people I spend the majority of my time with each week during the school year. I tell my students every year that we are a family. And I am so incredibly grateful for this "family" of mine :)

Image may contain: 7 people, including Michelle Walker and Elisabeth Nichols, people smiling, people standing and indoor 

So what about YOU?

Tell me about your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment