Friday, March 1, 2019

This Week's Top 5

Happy Friday, Y'all

I feel like we blinked and boom... Today is the first day of March!

Image result for funny friday meme

Anywho - On with the post...

 Here are my Top 5 Favorites from this week in my classroom.

~ one ~

One of my guys has made it his mission to update our letter board each week. He said his plan is to research a quote that is, and I quote, "smart and good for students," and then he'll spell it out on the letter board. I told him I'll have to review it with him/them to make sure they truly understand it. Otherwise, he will have to find a new quote to use. At any rate, this is definitely a favorite activity of his.



~ two ~


I love that the desks and table in my classroom can be written on with Expo (dry erase) markers. This has come in handy during Math computations, practicing writing Spelling words, a quick game of Hangman or Tic Tac Toe, or more recently, in figuring out the chronological order of various events in Mexico's history. Writing on the desks/table is a favorite of most of my students (and me)!



~ three ~

In Kids Club the other day, we learned about how we are STRONG in God. We talked about Samson and how God gave him strength. We got to bowl for our game. And to go along with our lesson about Samson's strength, we let the bowling pins represent the lions and the ball was Samson. Then Samson bowled over the lions. It was such a fun little visual representation of the story that truly made the lesson click in the kids'  minds. Hearing the "roars" and laughter of the kids was hilarious! Kids Club is definitely a favorite activity of mine :)


Image may contain: 7 people, people standing

~ four ~

 One of my kiddos absolutely loves these story cubes. We finished our classwork a bit early one afternoon this week, so had about 5 minutes to kill. So I let him get them out and we took turns adding details to a story. He had the best time! And seeing how excited he got, and hearing how well he did, was a definite favorite :)



 ~ five ~ 

This one isn't actually classroom related but it did happen on campus. So I can still include it. Right? :)

The other night, all the people who live in my apartment building got together for dinner. I loved having time to chat with co-workers, especially some I don't get to spend a lot of time chatting with due to such different jobs/schedules here at school. Not to mention all the tasty food our incredible host made to go along with the meat we all provided to throw on the grill... What a nice night, it was!

Image may contain: food

And in the spirit of oversharing ;)

Here are a few more favorite pictures from this week.

Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling, basketball court 


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Today, I'm joining ErikaAndrea, and Narci and for their weekly Friday Favorites linkup. Click one of their names to and join in on the fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment