Friday, March 15, 2019

This Week's Top 5

 Happy Friday Everybody
 Image result for Happy Friday

Each week I share the my Top 5 favorites from the week in my classroom, in various activities at school, and in events happening on campus.

Here are my Top 5 Favorites from this week.

~ one ~


We did our Digging for Fossil (yes, "fossil" without the "s" at the end) activity earlier this week. It turned out super cute. And while it may have been a tiny bit lame, my kiddo still had fun with it. I'll be blogging about it next week.




~ two

We finished our last unit in Kids Club last week. And since I wanted to wait to start our next one 'til after Spring Break, I went online. I knew the topics I wanted to teach about. But I needed a couple good object lessons to go with them. Use chocolate and you have a sticky, messy, delicious object lesson teaching about sin and how we need to carefully "clean up" or else it will stick to us.

And yes... 

We did all get to eat/enjoy a chocolate treat.



~ three ~ 

This afternoon, our entire school is spending the afternoon doing various Service Projects around our school and in the community. I'll be leading a group making cookies and cards for our Senegalese Staff of guards, cleaners, gardeners, and more. One of my students has been over the top excited about this day for weeks and weeks. And his excitement has been contagious! I'm so looking forward to this afternoon!

Image result for jesus served

~ four ~

One of my students doesn't have textbooks. And then the others do. But... Y'all, I forgot how nice it is to do lesson planning with a Teacher's Edition. I use the same textbooks as the other teachers of my students' grade levels. But I only have the student editions of each of them, since our school only has 1 teacher's edition per grade level and those are used by the Gen. Ed teachers... Not me. And honestly, that has been totally fine. It really has. BUT... I needed one, recently, to help me with a plan I have to turn into my administration (and more than that - for help in planning a certain activity for my guy in this grade). So I asked the Gen. Ed. teacher if I could borrow his Teacher's Edition. And wow! Seriously, it makes lesson planning so incredibly much easier! And yes, this totally 100% made my Top 5 Favorites list this week. Anything that makes life easier is always a favorite :)



~ five ~

I'm thankful for co-workers who share resources.

I needed to access a certain book for an assignment for the class I'm taking. I was struggling to find a version accessible online, even through my university's online library. So I asked around at school, to see if anyone had it. Someone told me that one of our principals had a copy in his office. Well, he was out of the country. So I shot off an email to him to ask if he did in fact have it, and if so, if I could borrow it over the weekend (knowing he'd be back in town before then). I got an email from his wife, a few hours later, telling me exactly where it was and giving me the go ahead to grab it. Y'all... I love that. I love that we can all help each other out in this work. I love that we don't have to re-invent the wheel, so to speak. We can put our heads together, share resources, and help one another out.


What about YOU?

 What were your favorite parts of this week?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Today, I'm joining ErikaAndrea, and Narci and for their weekly Friday Favorites linkup. Click one of their names to and join in on the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment