Wednesday, March 27, 2019

What's Up March

Happy Wednesday Y'all

Today, I'm joining Shay, and Sheaffer for their What's Up Wednesday link-up. 


Every month we answer the same list of questions based on how things are currently going in our lives. 

The questions are...


 

Well, it's not actually eating. But still, I'm including it... :)

I've been saving this can of Dr. Pepper 'til Spring Break. It was going to be my Spring Break has arrived treat to myself. So I finally drank it yesterday, since I'm done with teaching 'til after Spring Break. I have meetings all this week (still in Senegal) and then this weekend, I'll fly out to the US for a couple weeks (during my school's 2-week long Spring Break). 




What am I reminiscing about?

Did you catch my post about my school's recent Service Day?

All of our staff and students (from K-12th grade) participated in various service projects both on campus and off, in our neighborhood, and elsewhere around the city. My group was tasked with making cookies and thank you cards and then giving those and some juice to each of our Senegalese Staff members. I loved watching all of our school family come together for such a special reason! 

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing

 What am I loving?
  
We're in the middle of a unit in Social Studies on South American countries, so my class took a field trip last week to a local Brazilian cafe. Oh my word, y'all... It was such a fun afternoon. We had a tasty lunch. We practiced our Portuguese with the owners of the cafe. We chatted with each other about all sorts of fun stuff. There were definitely educational aspects to the trip.

Image may contain: 8 people, including Elisabeth Nichols, Emmanuel Perrin and Michelle Walker, people smiling, people standing Image may contain: 5 people, people smiling, people sitting

What have I been up to?

My newest class started a few weeks ago. It's on Emotional and Behavioral Disorders. And the teacher nerd in me is absolutely positively loving all the reading we've had, the lessons we've learned, and the assignments we've been given. I have already learned so much in this class. And I know that'll continue over the next few weeks! Seriously... This is good stuff, y'all!

What am I dreading? 

April 19th will be the 4th anniversary of my dad's death. We've all heard that grief comes in waves. Well, lately, the waves have been crashing pretty hard. Lately, I've just been missing him so much. So yeah, I'm dreading the anniversary of his death next month. I so miss him...



What am I working on?


Thankfully, I'm done with it. But I did have to write 4 days worth of sub plans, so I could attend my AG conference/retreat this week. The woman subbing for me is amazing! And so is the woman who already works in my room every day, alongside me. But still... I forget sometimes just how many little things I do in a day until I sit down and actually write them all out. Also, it should be noted... I tend to go overboard with sub plans and include far more than most people. And the woman subbing for me (combined with the lady who already works in my room and knows the kids super well) have said that I don't have to go to the extreme in planning. But y'all... It's hard. I have just always had the mindset that more is better, when leaving plans for a substitute teacher. Plus I'd rather leave more activities than they need so to prevent the kids from having too much down time on their hands and then getting into mischief, while I'm not there. Anyone else like me?


What am I excited about?

I wrote/published my 1,000th blog post last week. In it, I shared about how this little corner of the internet has grown over time and how all the random memory-making moments of life have made for a nice creative outlet for me over the years. Did you catch my 1,000th post? If not, you can read it here.

Image result for 1000

What am I watching?

Thankfully, I planned ahead and worked super hard last week, working ahead on assignments for my class (as a student). And I did that, so I would be able to enjoy my Spring Break a bit more, knowing I didn't have to do too much while I was out. I won't be able to get away with totally ignoring it. But thankfully, the few small things I'll have to do aren't that bad. 

So, all that to say... I downloaded all past/current episodes of The Good Doctor so I could binge watch them while traveling. I've been wanting to watch it for a while. But I just never got around to it. So I'm looking forward to finally doing so.

Image result for abc good doctor

What am I reading?

Did you catch my Reading Recap post the other day? I shared the books I've read in the last month. Past that, I got two new books in the mail yesterday. So I added those to the 2 others (3, if you count my Bible) that I packed to take with me (along with my textbooks and printed journal articles for my class). So I'll have quite the assortment of options for reading these next few weeks. :)


What am I listening to?

This is the first year I've given up something for Lent. I decided to give up listening to all secular music. Instead, I wanted (want) to only listen to Christian/Worship music. And y'all, I must say... I'm really enjoying it. I've also joined the world of Apple Music and signed up for that monthly subscription. So I've purposefully found and downloaded a few more upbeat songs (even some "old" ones) to play in the classroom. And my students are loving it, as well!

What am I wearing? 

A set of freshly painted toes. A couple friends and I treated ourselves to a pedicure a couple weekends ago. And thankfully, the guy who does it 1) comes to your house 2) is amazing and 3) charges very little. So, it wasn't a big splurge.


What am I doing this weekend?

I'll still be hanging out with my fellow AGWM co-workers at our conference/retreat. I'll also have a  a midterm to take this weekend. So, I'll be studying for, and then taking that as well. Then, on Sunday night, I'll head to the airport for a flight that leaves in the wee hours of the morning on Monday. :)

What am I looking forward to next month?

It's still Spring Break at the beginning of the month, so I'll be in my sweet home Alabama, living it up with family, missions supporters, speaking engagements, and Chik-fil-a. But past that... Once school starts back, we only have 2 weeks 'til Elementary Camp, which I lead each year. The kids love it and so do I! So I'm definitely looking forward to it! Oh, and there's also Easter and a few other fun things planned at school, as well.  

What else is new?

The blessing/surprise of a quick trip to the US which is happening in just a few days from now. It's happening due to the generosity of somebody who's super cool and super anonymous. But suffice it to say (suffice to say?), they're currently ranking in my Top People. Anywho - This trip will be primarily spent helping and hanging out with family. But I'll also be speaking at a couple schools and one church, as well, while I'm there. Because of the short amount of time I'll be there (just 12 days), I won't have time to see everyone that I normally do. But that can happen in the summer. But seriously, y'all... I'm so excited that God so generously blessed me with a gift of a plane ticket. A gift I'm definitely not taking lightly.

 Image result for sweet home alabama sign

And then each month, there's a special question. March's question is...

Question?

What's your favorite Easter side dish?

That'd be my mom's potato salad. No one can make it like her. And trust me... I've tried to make it, myself. But it's just never turned out the same. :)

And that's what I'm up to this month.

What about you?

What are YOU up to this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment