Monday, November 26, 2012

November Photo Challenge Days 19-25

In case you're wondering what the November Photo Challenge is... This is a challenge to take a photo a day, using a prompt given here. I'll post my photos for the week every Sunday. Feel free to play along. :)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


Day 19's prompt was "Something awesome..."

These two pictures were both awesome in different ways, so I chose to include both of them :)

This note is from one of my students and says, "Miss Nichols, you're a great teacher and you're great teaching us. Gabriel" So it is "totally-melts-my-heart" awesome :)

We were making handprint turkeys. When I applied the brown paint to his hand, he asked, "Miss Nichols, are you sure this is paint?" I said, "Yes, I'm sure. Why?" He then said, "I don't know. It looks a lot like poop. And I'm not allowed to paint with poop." It took all I could not to laugh hysterically. So this picture is "kids-say-the-darnest-things" awesome :)



Day 20's prompt was "Work/Play..."

We're mastering the hard work of addition with fun pattern blocks! :)

Day 21's prompt was "What You Wore..."

I've all of a sudden developed a love for painting my fingernails. Now if I could find some polish remover in this country...

Day 22's prompt was "Grateful..."

Happy Thanksgiving! I was so grateful to spend Thanksgiving (and the next 2 days) with an awesome group of missionaries serving here in Senegal and elsewhere. ...not to mention being grateful for all the amazing food we had! :)

Day 23's prompt was "Black..."

While on our AGWM "team outing," we saw this guy at our lunch stop. I thought he looked so cute, until I looked at a zoomed in shot of his face and realized how mean his face looked. Ha! :)

Day 24's prompt was "A Sound You Heard..."

I rode back to Dakar with an awesome A/G family. And towards the end of the ride (for close to an hour), we played Catch Phrase. Between 3 adults and 3 teenaged boys giving clues, the laughs were flowing the whole time :) And since my camera's battery was dead...thanks to here for the picture :)
Day 25's prompt was "Sky..."

I went to my school to do a little work this evening and when I looked up at the sky, this is what I saw. The sky was so clear and even though it was still light outside, you could see the moon. It was so beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment