Friday, November 2, 2012

The 37th Dear _____ Post

Dear October, It was great hanging out with you. See you again in 362 days :)

Dear Wedding Proposal, I received you this past Saturday. While it was indeed sweet that you said "but you need a husband to take care of you since you have a pain in your foot," I still had to decline. Thanks for the laugh though :)

Dear Christmas Travel Playlist, During my spare time this week, I've been working on you. Of course you contain all of my Christmas music. But since I'll be making a roundtrip transatlantic flight, I figured I'd need a few more songs to use up my time. So you've turned into quite the eclectic mix of songs playlist. I can't wait to start listening to you.

Dear 7 weeks (minus 2 days), You're how long I have left before meeting my niece. I can't wait! :)

And speaking of my niece...

Dear Daisy, I got to skype with you and your Granny the other day while she was there baby-sitting you. I want to thank you for looking straight at the camera and smiling and pretending to listen to me. You are pretty awesome Little One. ...pretty awesome, indeed.

Dear Kids Club this Week, You were great! Everyone seemed to have a ball! I'm always so tired when I leave, but I always see those smiles and remember why it's so worth it. These kids are amazing! :)

Dear 1 Peter 4:7, I love you and am so thankful that you're true!

Dear Fall Play, I'm going to watch you tonight be performed by my students from my school. The name of the play is The Clumsy Custard Horror Show and the little I saw at the dress rehearsal the other night was pretty hilarious. So I'm excited for tonight's performance.

Dear Sore, You're how my foot still feels. It's been a week now. I'd appreciate it if you'd go away...

Dear Grad School, You're kicking my tail right now. I feel like I'm struggling to keep my head above water at times. It seems like every time I get caught up another big, hard assignment knocks me back down. ...frustrating! BUT on the bright side, I'll be finished with you this coming May and that feels incredibly awesome :)

Dear Water, You went out in my building yesterday and you're still not back (and the rumor mill says it could be out all weekend).. Can I just say that you came at an incredibly awful time? I really wanted (needed) a shower last night because 1) I got a haircut yesterday. 2) my hands were stained from an art project I did with my class. 3) It's incredibly dusty/sandy this time of year in Dakar. and 4) I have to do quite a bit of baking and cooking tomorrow... I used up all the water I had in water bottles last night except for a tiny bit for brushing my teeth and drinking this morning. Now I'm waiting 'til the little shop down the road will open to go buy a 10L bottle of water and then walk it back to my apartment. Oh well...at least I'm getting the exercise :)

No comments:

Post a Comment