Saturday, November 24, 2012

The 40th Dear _____ Post

Dear 26, You're how many days are left 'til I get to see my family again and finally meet my niece! I can't wait! :)

Dear Story of the First Thanksgiving, I read you to my kids this week. They asked me to read and reread that story. They loved it! Thanks for letting me teach a little of my own home culture's history to my international crew :)

Dear Thanksgiving, You were awesome! In fact, you are going to get your very own Dear ____ Post because there were so many awesome things about you I want to share. So loyal blog readers, be prepared for an awesome Thanksgiving special edition of a Dear _____ post :)

Dear Air Conditioning, You seem like such a superficial thing to talk about, but still... You were so nice to have the past few days in my hotel room. Thanks for being available. I definitely enjoyed you.

Dear New Outfit, I bought you (dress, shoes, necklace/earrings) last weekend since you were pretty cheap. Thanks for making me feel just a little more special. I loved wearing you and the way you made me feel.

Dear Texas, It turns out I won't be visiting you this December after all. After much thought and prayer, I just decided it'd be better to spend that time with my family. Maybe another time...

Dear Lemons, Life's been handing my family quite a few of you. I guess it's a good thing we all like lemonade, huh? :)

Dear Cough, I've had you for about a week now. And I think you really should leave. You were never invited here. Thanks.

Dear 8:07 p.m., You're what time it is right now. But due to the fact that I feel incredibly tired, I think I may just head on to bed. I'm such an old person. :)

Dear Alabama/Auburn Game, You come on in about 30 minutes. I could stream you online and watch you, but due to the reason stated in the previous item, I'm afraid I'm going to have to miss you. Of course, thanks to Facebook and a dad and brother that send me regular emails, I'll stay "in the know." :)

Dear 4 Day Weekend, You're almost over. You've been so much fun. ...more than I could've imagined. I have thoroughly enjoyed myself. Thanks for being so great! I'm going to miss you when I go back to work on Monday.

Dear Things I'm Thankful For, The other night, just for fun (...and because I was bored) I decided to try and list all the things I'm thankful for. I got to 200 when I finally stopped because my hand was hurting from all the writing. I still wasn't even close to being finished. Every time I'd think I was, I'd think of more things. Thank you Lord for all you've done for me, given me, and are still doing in my life. Thank you Lord for all the people you've placed in my life in these 27 years. I'm so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment