Sunday, November 11, 2012

The 38th Dear ______ Post...posted a day late because I was gone this weekend at Women's Retreat

Dear 6, You're the number of weeks (minus 3 days) 'til I get to see my family again. And after this latest health scare, I'm even more ready to get there.

Dear Daddio, You are my hero and I love and miss you. That's all. :)

Dear Senegal Women's Missionary Retreat, You were this weekend. I've been looking forward to you for a while. It was so nice to get together with a lot of my fellow English-speaking missionary ladies and spend time in fellowship and worship of our Savior.

Dear Goodies from America, A friend sent you to me this week via a co-worker coming back this way. I love how I got some things I requested and then I got some things I needed but hadn't said anything. Isn't it fun how God works things out like that? :)

Dear Red Velvet Cake (from scratch), I made you for the first time this past Monday for a co-worker's birthday. And believe it or not, you were pretty tasty... :)

Dear High School Reunion, I'll be attending you this coming summer. It's hard to believe that it's been 10 years. Where did the time go?

Dear Chopped (the tv show), You're one of my favorite shows. And thanks to an iTunes gift certificate from a friend, I was able to buy the current season of you. I'm looking forward to watching the first episode tonight during dinner.

Dear 6 Hour Time Difference Between Senegal and the USA, You're actually working out better for me than your younger sibling, 5 Hr Difference, did, due to my parents' schedules. So thanks for showing up with this latest time change. I may be one of the few people living overseas that actually likes you. :)

Dear Chili, I made you for dinner the other night celebrating the soon-coming cool season here in Dakar and you were quite tasty :)

Dear Obama, (the ice cream), You're still my favorite flavor of ice cream. I guess since President Obama was re-elected, you'll stick around. Yay for that! 

Dear Obama, (the President), You were re-elected, so you'll get to live in the White House for 4 more years. Congrats. I will pray for you and I will respect you as the leader of my country.  

Dear Sad, You're how I've felt after reading the Facebook statuses of some Christians I know. I may not be his number 1 fan, but he's still my president. And the last I checked, we're supposed to pray for and respect those in authority over us. He may do things wrong. He may have messed up in the last 4 years. He may believe in things that go against the Word of God. But are we better than him? Are any of us perfect? No. Sin is sin. Now who said..."Those without sin cast the first stone..." Oh yeah, the only perfect person. I'm just saying... It makes me sad that Christians are often so quick to condemn others for voting in Obama, or to condemn Obama himself. But aren't we, as Christians, supposed to be a witness to others? Aren't we supposed to show the love of Christ to others? 

No comments:

Post a Comment