Thursday, February 21, 2013

Thankful Thursday

Thanks Google Images for this reminder.



This week, as usual, I have a lot to be thankful for. But I'm especially thankful for...

  • that even though I foolishly didn't apply sunscreen while watching softball this past weekend, my sunburn wasn't any worse than it was. 
  • that next week is a 3 day work week because let's be honest... Work is fun and enjoyable and I love it but I feel the same way about time off :)
  • good emergency surgery/medical care available in this country. Thankfully, I haven't needed it, but many of my co-workers or students at our school have.
  • the truth of Psalm 62:1-2 - "I wait quietly before God, for my victory comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will never be shaken."
  • people that have continually supported me through prayers, encouragement, and finances, even during these hard times that everyone is facing these days.
  • finding strawberries at the grocery store yesterday since they've been so hard to find lately! P.S. Guess what I had for dessert last night and again for breakfast this morning :)
  • my taxes being completed. Go Tax Man! :)
  • my sweet Daddy still doing my taxes for me :)
  • a Skype "date" with my mom and niece earlier this week, in which my niece (6 1/2 mths old) smiled and giggled the whole time we were talking AND she kept reaching towards the computer. I'm sure it was just the light on the computer grabbing her attention, but I'm telling myself it was because of me. Either way, it was super cute and she totally made my night :)
  • being able to buy my summer plane tickets the other day. 
  • cooler temp's this past week. Praise the Lord for those high 70s :)
  • the site, TeachersPayTeachers.com. It's been incredibly helpful, especially living here in "incredibly limited resources land."


No comments:

Post a Comment