Friday, February 15, 2013

Thankful Thursday...posted on a Friday :)





  • a new, delicious Cajun recipe found just in time to "celebrate" Mardi Gras this week (even if I did cook it the day after Mardi Gras).
  • Kids Club going really well this week, even with less volunteers than usual. ...not to mention the AWESOME response a non-Christian kid gave when asked how he could show love to God. This gives me hope for the future of these students. Oh my word! ...so awesome! :)
  • a friend giving me the idea for a cute and fun Valentine's Day craft.
  • the fun time we had in 1st grade yesterday - decorating heart-shaped cookies and making pizza for our Valentine's party.
  • a sweet family inviting me over for dinner last night.
  • my Valentine's Day not being as bad as I was thinking, since I'm soooo not a big fan of the holiday typically.
  • the financial blessing I received this week.
  • not drinking any cokes since Saturday. Go me!
  • a fun afternoon/evening with friends today, including fabric shopping, trying out a new cafe' in town, and meeting new friends.
  • the meeting I had yesterday afternoon going really well, but more importantly, for the peace that God gave me in regards to a big decision I needed to make - FYI for anyone wondering... Yes, I'm still going to be in Dakar next year. Yes, I'm still going to be teaching at DA next year. ...no worries :)
  • people praying for me in regards to the above mentioned meeting.
  • God's perfect timing. 
  • a weekend full of softball (watching). I love this time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment