Saturday, February 23, 2013

The 51st Dear ____ Post

Dear Services for this Summer, I'm in the middle of planning you. I've been talking with pastors, supporters, family, and friends all week, trying to plan times over my summer break to share my heart for Senegal. I still have quite a few openings. I'm hoping to have those filled soon. Wish me luck Bloggerland :)

Dear Toothpaste, You were the messy object I used in my game/object lesson for Kids Club this past Wednesday. You helped us learn an important lesson about guarding our tongues and remembering to say nice things to those we talk to.

Dear Counting by 2s to 100, My class took a test on you yesterday. It amazed me how quickly the majority caught on to you. Now they're looking for other ways during the day to use "skip counting." So far the ways they found are... counting pretzel sticks at lunch, counting the steps to the Art room, counting colored pieces of paper for a craft we did, and more. It's so fun to see them excited about learning!

Dear Watching Softball, You're what I spent last weekend doing. And I've got the peeling sunburn on my face to prove it. But I definitely enjoyed you

Dear 4 Day Weekend, You're what's going to be happening next weekend. Yay for days off from school! I may still be doing school work (as a teacher and a student) but at least I can do it in my pj's while relaxing :)

Dear Summer Plane Tickets, I bought you this week. You weren't quite as expensive as I was thinking you'd be, so that was a pleasant surprise. :)

Dear Senior Cafe, You're like a talent show at my school put on by our senior class. It involves "acts" from students, staff, and parents. It's always a lot of fun and something I look forward to each year. You're happening this weekend. I went last night and will go again tomorrow night. Fun times... :)

Dear Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, I'm planning to make you later today. I have some bananas that are just right for a yummy banana bread. And as for the chocolate chips... Well, we all know that they make everything better :)

Dear iTunes Card I received at Christmas, Imagine my surprise upon finding you while cleaning out my wallet earlier this week. Thanks to you I was able to download a new books, a few songs, and a couple tv shows. Score! :)

Dear Comps Exam, I've been studying for you a little bit every day. Even so, you're still making me incredibly nervous. Knowing that they are going to pick only 3 questions from a zillion or so topics is what unnerves me the most... Here's hoping all this studying pays off :)

No comments:

Post a Comment