Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Thankful Thursday...posted on a Wednesday

Dear Quote, I saw you on a friend's Facebook page and you caught my eye. I liked you so much that I "stole" you for this blog post. Thanks for reminding me of something that a lot of people, including myself, struggle with. Sincerely, Me :)


On this Thursday Wednesday, I'm thankful for...

  • the many good things in my life right now. Even with bad things happening, I still have so much to be thankful for. I need to remember that more often. So on that note... I'm thankful for the devotion one of my co-workers gave this morning in staff devotions.
  • the family life I had while growing up. I'm so thankful for the Christian example set by my parents. I'm thankful for the values they taught me, for the love they showed me, for the advice they gave me, for the encouragement and support they gave me when I chose to follow God's call on my life to work in another country far far away from them. I keep being reminded of how blessed I really had it growing up. I am so thankful for this life God's given me! And yes, of course these things still apply, but I'm thinking more in terms of my childhood in this post.
  • the email I received yesterday telling me the last steps I need to take for my grad school graduation in May. 
  • School Spirit Week at my school, allowing me the chance to wear pajamas 2 days in a row to work. Ha! :) 
  • Dr. Seuss Week (well, week and a half) in my class, causing my students to become even more excited about reading. Yay for finding something fun and educational that interests them! So far we've made a new Dr. Seuss character/puppet, written our own version of a Dr. Seuss story, read lots of Dr. Seuss books, done a Dr. Seuss inspired science experiment, completed Math problems involving Dr. Seuss characters, and we still have a lot to do next week! It's so much fun!
  • a sweet co-worker giving me the material needed for today's Science experiment since the store ended up not having what I needed (and I'd already promised my 1st graders we'd do the experiment...).
  • the website, Pinterest, giving me a lot of great ideas for our Dr. Seuss week in first grade. 
  • dried strawberries. Oh my goodness...so tasty!
  • today being my Friday, since this was only a 3 day work week!
  • a 4 day weekend and the chance to get away for that long weekend with good friends. Yay for escaping reality for a few days :)
  • the services I already have lined up for this summer. I love getting to share my heart for Senegal with people back in the States. Now to just get the rest of them scheduled...
And now for something totally materialistic/shallow/superficial in the scheme of things. I'm thankful for...
  • both Duck Dynasty and Psych starting back tonight! It'll be next week before I can download and watch either of them, since I'm going on a trip without technology for a few days. But YAY for the fun shows coming back on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment