Saturday, February 9, 2013

The 15 Days of Senegal Challenge, Days 5 - 9


Two fellow Dakarois, (Kari and Jenn) issued a challenge for the rest of us. It was a photo challenge, in which we would take at least one picture of life in Senegal every day for 15 days in February. Each day we would be given a prompt to follow in taking our pictures. 

Day 5's prompt was "Feet." One of my non-native-English speakers came in the morning of this prompt, trying his hardest to tell me something. In the midst of his excitement, he got all flustered and was using more Bambara than English, leaving me having to guess at what he was trying to say. The words I actually understood were "yellow, shoes, good, & me." :)


Day 6's prompt was "Time." Kids Club started back on this day. I took this picture right after I announced that it was time for Kids Club and all the kids came running to line up, ready to go in. I feel so blessed to be able to lead this ministry. We had a little over 50 kids this week and I am so thankful for each and every one of them.


Day 7's prompt was "Darkness." I took this picture on my way to school this morning. It's still dark out, but you can barely see the light of the moon (and a car just turning onto the road I'm on). I'm not a big fan of walking in the dark, especially by myself, but I always enjoy the view of the sky.


Day 8's prompt was "Scent." I bought a lot of veggies today, both for myself, and for a dinner I'm going to later this weekend. So as soon as I got home, I added them to my (clean) sink with filtered water and bleach. The scent of bleach is one I believe I'll NEVER get used to. In fact, I can honestly say that I absolutely hate the scent. But, this is something I have to do since I love to eat fresh fruits and veggies and I'd rather not get the critters or diseases that come from them when I eat them. So in that case, bring on the bleach! :)


Day 9's prompt was "Words." I went to the store earlier today and came home with this selection. There is creme fraiche (sour cream), whole wheat bread (actually for a cheap price...very rare!), coke, water, tea, salami, sliced gouda cheese, pringles, and a box of cake mix (...which came from a package sent to me by my mom). 

No comments:

Post a Comment