Saturday, February 2, 2013

The 48th Dear ______ Post

Dear My Dad's Heart, Could you stop giving him so much trouble? Don't you think you've given him enough trouble?

Dear Monday Night, You're when my dad had his heart cath done. Monday night, you were good to my dad. :) The doctor said that when he got in, he found that the artery was only 40% blocked, so no surgery was needed, and my dad was able to go home that same night (and go back to work the next day). This is a total miracle! 

Dear Church This Past Sunday Morning, I really enjoyed you. I could definitely feel the presence of the Holy Spirit. You were just such a nice service.And I actually understood the majority of you, even though you were done in French. So yay for that! :)

Dear N'ice Cream, You have the best ice cream! I love visiting you and bringing home some of your yummy goodness :)

Dear Structure, My class really thrives on you. While last week was definitely fun and spiritually refreshing for my kids, the whole lack of structure really didn't go well for some of my kids. So, having our normal, typical daily schedule back, was a big help to my sanity this week (theirs too). :)

Dear 100th Day of School, You were Wednesday. We celebrated in style in 1st Grade. We did 100 math problems. We wrote 100 words. We read 100 words too. We measured things with 100 paper clips. We did art work with 100 pieces of construction paper. We read books about the number 100 and about the 100th Day of School. And we made our own class book about the 100th Day of School. You were such a fun day 100th Day of School. We all really enjoyed you :)

Dear Funny Conversations Between My Students, You are a highlight of my job. And sometimes it’s really hard to keep a straight face after hearing stories, like the following which occurred after I introduce the Science topic of “Solids, Liquids, and Gases”… (Conversation of the day… (Boy) I know a gas. (Me) Which one? (Boy) Well, I don’t want to say. I’m shy. (Girl) It’s ok. Don’t be shy. We’re all friends in first grade. (Boy) Well, it’s the stinky gas that comes out of my bum. (Girl) Ewww. That’s yucky. Don’t talk about that. (Boy) Everybody has gas. Even my mommy did it.

Dear New Pencil Top Erasers, You were such a treat to my first graders. It’s funny sometimes to see how excited they get over the simplest of things… :)

Dear Ladies Night, You happened last night with my fellow A/G ladies. It was a nice night. We had a delicious meal, watched a really good movie, and had a nice time chatting with each other.

Dear Study Guide for my Comps Exam, I printed out my notes for you yesterday and OH MY GOODNESS! You are looking harder and harder. Ugh... Have I mentioned lately how much I truly do not like taking tests?

Dear Ed.S. Degree, I'm considering working towards you next. But I'm just not sure. Decisions, decisions...

Dear Cancer, You're stupid and horrible and I hate you and what you do to people. ...just thought I'd let you know how much I truly detest you.

Dear Robberies and Violence, You're happening a little to much in my neighborhood here lately. I'm not a big fan. This is supposed to be a safe place. People aren't supposed to be mugged. People aren't supposed to be robbed and shot. We're not supposed to have stuff like that going on... And yes, I (along with everyone else) am taking precautions. But at the same time, I know I can't live in fear. I have to put my trust in God, the main Protector.

Speaking of which... 

Dear Bible Verses Telling Us Not to Fear, There are a lot of you. Hmm... I wonder if God's trying to tell us something.


Dear Google Images, Thanks for this picture :)



                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment