Monday, October 14, 2013

Currently

I'm currently rereading "Wild Goose Chase" by Mark Batterson. This makes the third time I've read this book. Each time I find new things that stick out at me. This is such an awesome book!

I'm currently sad that I'm missing my Bible study tonight. I just got home a few minutes ago, hurried and made cookies for one of my classes tomorrow, finished my last few report cards, and am now taking a break to eat supper and type this post before finishing up the last couple things that need to be finished tonight...

I'm currently (a bit) overwhelmed at the wat things keep being added to that to do list and am thinking that maybe a weekend away wasn't the wisest idea. Because while it was definitely enjoyable, it also definitely added to my current stress level...

I'm currently feeling the effects of spending too much time in the sun without enough sunscreen. Can we say ouch?!

I'm currently incredibly happy that my dad is doing so well. What an awesome answer to prayer that is! Now if we could just get his appetite back...

I'm currently thankful for the rain that came in the night. It made it a bit cooler outside and brought in some nice breezes this morning. It may not have lasted all day, but it did make the morning a little nicer :)

I'm currently blasting my worship music while I finish my supper and type this post. There's just something about it that is a nice mood lifter. Hmm... I wonder if it's Jesus :)

I'm currently looking at my tennis shoes laid out by the tv, ready to be worn while I work out to a video a friend let me borrow. Those pounds may be dropping off slowly, but at least they're dropping... Getting even earlier isn't the most exciting part of my day, but wow do I feel better when I'm done. Next week, I'll start back jogging (and building back up to running) the track. I'll reach my goal. I know I will.

And speaking of which...

I'm currently in the beginning stages of a post about those goals. I figure if I put it out here in Blogger Land for all to see, then maybe I'll be more likely to work harder to reach it. So to all of my faithful readers (Hi Mom, Dad, and Brother!), be on the lookout for this next post. It should be up by tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest.

I'm currently realizing that finding a doctoral program in teaching ESL is extremely difficult. It's weird. I've been so adamant in not wanting to go for it, but now that it's appearing to not be working out, I'm a little bummed. I'm weird. I know...

I'm currently looking forward to having the day off from school on Wednesday. It'll be nice to have the break. But at the same time, I'm currently praying in advance. I know why we're off. It's for the holiday of Tabaski (Eid), where Muslims celebrate Abraham's willingness to sacrifice his son Ishmael before Allah intervened and supplied the ram. I'm praying that our Muslim brothers and sisters come to know the TRUTH. I'm praying that we, as Christians, show the love of Jesus Christ to those around us. I'm praying that we don't forget why we're here - to help further the kingdom of God.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that your dad is doing well--I have been praying!

    Also, have you checked out Wheaton for an ESL doctoral program? I know they have a Masters. Keep looking: I'm sure they are out there. And if not, find a university that will allow you to put your own degree together: a combo of Education with some kind of ESL concentration? I bet it could be done! Don't give up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never mind, Wheaton doesn't have a doctorate in ESL. :(

      Delete
  2. I did find one at Vanderbilt in Tennessee that would count some of my Master's coursework towards a few of the credits I'd need. And since that would shave a year or 2 off the total time, I'm definitely intrigued.

    Now I just have to make up my mind on what I'm going to do. ...or rather, I need to pray (harder) for clarity :)

    ReplyDelete