Thursday, October 17, 2013

The 81st Dear ____ Post

Dear Dad, You went home from the hospital earlier this week. I'm so so so so so (and a few more so's) glad you're home and feeling better! Yay for answered prayers!

Dear 300, You're how many blog posts I've written so far. Actually, make that 301, counting this one. That's pretty cool. Don't you think? :)

Dear Biology, I spent part of our class time this week helping one of my students with you. Oh my word, Biology. You're kicking my tail... I keep thinking about Mr. Powell's class at Florala. Why didn't I pay more attention then???

Dear Humidity, You are absolutely horrible! Add the adjective, high, in front of you and you're even worse. I'll be so glad when Cool Season comes...

Dear Rainbow Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting, I made you (all of you) from scratch on Thursday. You actually turned out pretty good. Yay for success in the kitchen! 

Dear New Student, You'll be starting on Monday. Thanks for giving me one more reason to love my job! :)

Dear AssemblĂ©es de Dieu (Assemblies of God in French), You're what caused my new student to get excited this morning. Why? When she found out that I was with the American A/G, she squealed and in French said, "Moi. Je suis avec les AssemblĂ©es de Dieu. Mes parents, ils sont missionaires." (Me. I am with the Assemblies of God. My parents, they are missionaries.) Her parents are with the Brazilian A/G. This girl's primary/native language is Portuguese. Then she's fluent in French. And now, she's going to be attending an English speaking school, yet she speaks no English. Can you imagine? It's going to be way more work for me, but I am really looking forward to it! :)

Dear Sometimes Difficult Part of my Job that I Love, I was telling someone today, I love the challenging students...the ones that cause me to think outside the box, the ones that make me have to do research and extra planning and even create new curriculum from scratch, as I'll be doing with this new student. Why? ...because that's what makes teaching fun. ...seeing that all your hard work has paid off. I seriously so love my job!!! :)

Dear Vanderbilt University, You're the first school I've found that offers the doctorate that I'm interested in. Obviously if I did do this, it'd be (quite) a few years down the road before I'd start, but it's nice to know that someone out there in university land offers a doctorate in my field. I just wish you were closer to family or that I had friends in the area...

No comments:

Post a Comment