Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Currently

I'm currently thankful for water and definitely more appreciative of this precious liquid commodity after watching so many of my friends and co-workers go without it for so long.

And speaking of that, I'm currently excited for some friends and co-workers that woke up to running water for the first time in about 3 weeks. I'm currently praying that the situation is fixed OR is at least close to being fixed. 

I'm currently thinking about everyone that's getting to experience Fall and all of its awesomeness like leaves changing, temperatures dropping, warmer clothes being worn, blankets being snuggled under, (American) football being played/watched, pumpkins everywhere, etc... I just love Fall and everything about it. It's definitely my favorite season. So what makes you think of Fall? 

I'm currently thankful for last night's dinner invite, complete with a long chat with a friend.

I'm currently (still) full from dinner with friends and thankful for a sweet friend who I love hanging out with, who calls my cell phone and talks with me on my entire walk home (since it's dark and sometimes a teensy bit scary), and who I can have awesomely long conversations with that pick up right where we last left off, even if it's been a few days since we last talked. Life gets busy. Even when you work at the same place and live super close, life's busy...

So I guess after the last two items, I guess I should say that I'm also currently thankful for good friends who I can talk to about pretty much anything :)

I'm currently happy one of my old professors thinks I could handle working on my Ed.D. I can't say the thought hasn't crossed my mind a time or two. BUT with that said, every single time the thought crosses my mind, I realize once again that while I love love love my job, at this moment in life, I feel absolutely, positively no desire to be a student again :)

I'm currently looking forward to a friend, that just happens to be my boss as well, getting back to Dakar tomorrow after a long time away :)

I'm currently learning about the fun-filled, albeit confusing world of biology while helping a student with her work for that class. Wow! I am realizing that I really should've paid more attention to my teachers in high school :)

I'm currently glad today's meeting is over. It's my first time leading a staff meeting. I love getting to talk about a subject I'm passionate about (such as teaching ESL). But I wonder if I'll ever get used to having to stand in front of a group of adults and speak to them. Talk about scary...

I'm currently grateful for the ladies and gentleman that are helping with Kids Club this year. I know I say it a lot, but it's true. It was so difficult at times last year to run the program all by myself. I prayed so hard that some teachers would be willing to help out this year. And they did. So it's nice to know on days like today, when I had to be at a HS teachers staff meeting, there were some awesome people leading Kids Club.

I'm currently participating in a Beth Moore Bible study on David. This is only my second week of going, but I've learned so much already. I'm so glad that God had me doing this study at this point in my life. It's great! And I'm so looking forward to seeing what's yet to come in this study.

I'm currently thinking about the lyrics in an old-ish country song that say, "I thank God for unanswered prayers. Remember when you're talking to the man upstairs. Just because he doesn't answer doesn't mean he doesn't care. Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers." This is a hard thing to think about "in the moment," but as a friend and I were discussing tonight, you never know what God has in store for you later on. And by Him not answering your prayer right away like you wanted, He may be preparing you for something bigger and better, or protecting you from something bigger and worst. So either way, God knows what's best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment