Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Currently


I'm currently loving this picture of my sweet niece. Isn't she the most precious thing ever? :)
                                                               

I’m currently learning more about the heart than I ever wanted to learn. It seems like every time I talk to my mom or one of my dad’s nurses, I come away with a new term I’m unfamiliar with. So I’ve been spending a lot of time browsing the internet trying to find out what it all means. It’s times like this having a medical degree would come in handy…

I’m currently feeling as if my heart is playing tug-of-war. One side is pulling me to my parents, wishing I could be with them, especially my dad as he faces this scary surgery. The other part is pulling me here, where I’m at, doing what God’s called me to do. I know I'm where I'm supposed to be. I just wish I could be there to help and to support my family. Does that make sense?

I'm currently scared about my dad's upcoming surgery. Sitting around, waiting, and swirling what ifs around in my head are not good for me... I'm trying to stay busy and keep my mind off of it, but it's not working that well... I just wish I could be there. I wish I could see him and talk to him...

I’m currently enjoying these unseasonably cool breezes in the mornings and late evenings. It may be ridiculously hot all day, but on my walk to school and at night, it’s not too bad. 

And speaking of those nice evening breezes, I'm currently sleeping in my living room at night since I've converted my couch into a bed. That's because it is way cooler in there than it is in my sauna. ...oops, I mean my bedroom.

I'm currently ready for this weekend and a get-away with some friends and I'm currently looking forward to it being a weekend full of relaxing, reading, hanging out with friends, spending time on the beach, watching sunsets over the ocean, and honestly...just being as lazy as possible all weekend. It'll be awesome :)

I'm currently doing research for a paper I'm writing. The government shutdown is really putting a kink in my plans, though, as I'm having to do online searches of journal articles and most of the databases are owned by the government. Boo to that! But, the few articles I've been able to find through other sources are proving to be very informative and interesting reads.

I'm currently semi-laughing at the idea of getting my doctorate. One of my grad school professors wrote me, telling me I should consider it. Ha! More school? What?!

Although... There is this small (very small) part of me that is currently thinking, Hmm, maybe that's not such a bad idea... So on a "whim," I decided to look up schools that offer a doctorate (Ed.D.) in the field I'm interested in. There aren't many. And the closest one to home is 2 hours away. There are none in my field in my state. There are some in TN, MS, GA, FL, and further off as well. And doing all the classes for my Master's online was hard. But getting a doctorate online? Yeah... That's not happening. So that means I'd have to take a furlough time and do it. But would it even be worth it? Hmm... I have this thing... I love being in school. It's funny. In the item above, I said no thanks to the question of more school. But honestly, I do love it. I love being a student. But, I just don't know if it's worth it... And would it benefit me (well, more importantly would it benefit God) for me to do it? I totally thought of a cool "new" job on the mission side of things for it. Of course, I'd have to get the big bosses to go along with it... :) Anywho...

What do you think blog readers? Should I do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment