Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Currently

I'm currently sitting at my gate in Charlotte, waiting on my next flight on my trip back to Dakar. I was sad to leave my family, but I'm glad to be heading back home to Dakar. Since I had some time to kill, I thought I'd write a new "Currently..." post. Want to know what I'm currently up to? Read on :)

I'm currently...

...hoping jet lag isn't too bad this time. 

...having mixed emotions about the weather. On one hand, I'm looking forward to finally not feeling like I'm constantly freezing. But on the other hand, I think I'm going to miss being able to bundle up in a hoodie and a fleece blanket. 

...thankful for the opportunity to make this trip. What a blessing it was! 

...hoping my mom has an awesome birthday on Sunday. This lady deserves the world y'all!

...looking forward to my brother and sister-in-law finding out whether their new baby is a boy or a girl. Of course I still have some time to wait, but I'm still excited :)

...doing well at keeping my New Year's Resolutions. Here's hoping I keep that up all year!

...eavesdropping on this cute elderly couple sitting at the end of my row of chairs. They must be hard of hearing because they're talking so loudly! But they're adorable, so it's sweet :)

...hoping I have a love like that couple one day. What an adorable couple they are :)

...praying that the rest of my trip back to Dakar goes just as smoothly as this first leg has and that both of my bags arrive right along with me. 

2 comments:

  1. Sending prayers that your bags make it safely and that you have a great rest of your trip back to Dakar!!

    ReplyDelete