Saturday, January 11, 2014

The 92nd Dear _____ Post

Dear Dakar, It's nice to be back. I've missed you, your people, your warm temp's, and more.

Dear Mommy, Tomorrow's your birthday. I hope you have an absolutely, positively, amazingly perfect day. You totally deserve it! :)

Dear 1 1/2, You're the number of days that we, teachers, have been in meetings. Thankfully they were interesting. I don't think my jet lag experiencing self could've handled them if they hadn't been :) I learned some new things, confirmed other things, and made some plans for how to better myself as a teacher at DA.

Dear Jet Lag, Just so you know... You're being a major pain in the rear. I'm trying to do all of the right things, but wow are you kicking my tail. Feel free to leave.

Dear Pizza and Movie Night, You're what I'm headed to tonight with some friends. Yay for homemade pizza, watching 42, and hanging out with friends that make me feel like family :)

Dear Grits, You were on sale at the American-food-importing-awesomeness-of-a-store in town yesterday and guess who bought you. Yep. That's right. This girl! :)

Dear (Lesson) Planning Ahead, You're what I'm planning to do when I'm finished with this post.

Dear Sharpie Pens, You are awesome and I love you! I bought a pack while in the States and it reignited my love for your awesomeness. Thanks for being such a great pen. You write well. You don't bleed through the paper. You come in a wide array of colors. And let's face it... You're simply awesome! I'm a big fan! :)

Dear A Time of Praise, You're what my fellow staff members and myself shared this morning. It was so nice hearing everyone's praise reports and seeing smiles and laughter and joy over what God's doing in all of our lives, our family's lives, and our school.

Dear A Journal of Thanks, You're one of the things on my New Year's Resolutions list this year. Every day I'm listing the little things I've found throughout the day that I'm thankful for. Too often we focus so much on the big things, which is great...don't get me wrong, but it seems like sometimes we forget to pay attention to the seemingly "little" things that we encounter every day. These are little gifts that God places in our path that we should definitely be thankful for. So far, I'm on Day 11 (duh...it's the 11th) and I'm still going strong. It's really making me feel more joyful and helping me to be more aware of the awesomeness in my life.

Dear Answered Prayer, You're what I received yesterday to an unspoken request. Thank you Jesus for answered prayers - no matter how long they take to be answered! Thank you for your perfect timing, for your grace, for your awesomeness!

No comments:

Post a Comment