Friday, April 11, 2014

5 on Friday

As if there wasn't enough randomness on this blog, I'm participating in a blog link up with Darci from The Good Life Blog and doing a 5 on Friday post, and listing 5 random things floating around in my brain on this Friday.



ONE - I've been helping one of my students with understanding To Kill a Mockingbird and it's bringing back all sorts of high school flashbacks. I LOVED this book. I think having an author from Alabama and having a setting in Alabama was the first thing that appealed to me. But past that, I just really like the book.



TWO - I took a tray of cookies out of the oven last night, placed them on the stove, and realized I didn't push them back far enough so they were about to fall off. Without thinking, I grabbed the cookie sheet with my bare hand and NOT the pot holder. While I did my best not to scream, I set the cookies down (further back on the stove) and immediately held my hand under cold water. Seriously... who does this?! I now have little blisters on each finger. The only positive that came from this... I saved the cookies :)



THREE - I went to the store the other day to get a few groceries and got probably the most excited for nice, clean-looking okra, green beans, green onions, and lettuce. Who would've ever thought a few green vegetables would make me so happy?! :)



FOUR - In my free time, I'm reading a book about Marie Antoinette. I've always been fascinated with her, so I knew I'd like this book. And hey - Go me! Reading books for fun... What?! :)


FIVE - Next week our elementary grades are taking their standardized tests. Since I'll be testing a few students, I needed some freshly sharpened pencils.  After doing my least favorite teacher "chore," I couldn't help but smile when I saw this quote because it's so true. Although, after seeing my first graders' excited reactions to the container of pencils, I'm thinking it should read "You know you're a teacher OR a little kid if..." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment