Friday, April 18, 2014

5 on Friday

5 on Friday link up

ONE - I've written a few posts for the Skybridge Blog. I wrote a light-hearted post about packing for a trip to the "bush." I wrote a list of lessons my students have taught me. And last week, I wrote about preparing for serving overseas. This blog is written by a group of people with one thing in common, "We believe that God is doing amazing things amongst the nations of the world through regular people who live and work in their towns and cities." Check it out. It's a great blog! :)



TWO - My brother sent me a new picture of my niece the other day, saying "She's not a baby anymore." So then I looked for one of her newborn pictures to compare the two. It amazes me how much she's grown. I can't believe she's almost 2 and is about to become a big sister! I'm counting down the days 'til I can see her again. ...only 7 weeks and 3 days left! :)


THREE - This year, some co-workers and I have been working through the Beth Moore Bible Study, David - Seeking a Heart Like His. I've learned so much from this study and was sad to see it was finished this week. If you're looking for a good group (or individual) study, I'd definitely recommend this one!

Lifeway Publishing
FOUR - Our Elementary students have been taking standardized tests this week and the middle and high schoolers took them a month ago. I'm not a fan of standardized tests. But you do what you have to do sometimes. Anywho - Since this seems to be the time of year for these tests, there are a lot of funny pictures/memes floating around about them. Here are a few of my favorites :)



FIVE - I saw this quote on Pinterest on Tuesday and it stuck with me. When I "see" the pain my dad's feeling, the sickness, the weakness, the fear of "what could happen," all I can see is darkness. But the light of God is piercing through that darkness and I know that by putting my faith - my complete faith - in Him, I can, and will, see more and more of that light.

*Source*

No comments:

Post a Comment