Saturday, April 5, 2014

The 104th Dear ____ post

Dear Spring Break, You started last Saturday's post and you're starting this one too. Thanks for being a long enough time to get all of my sorting/packing (well...pre-packing) finished. Thanks for giving me times to rest and relax, times to study, research and continue plugging away at that paper, times to spend eating meals and hang out with friends. Thanks for giving me time to call pastors and friends and to start scheduling services for my upcoming time in the States. You were great Spring Break. I'll miss you :)

Dear Dad, You and hospitals need to stop meeting. Just sayin'... Seriously, though, I'm glad you're home and feeling better. My prayer is that strength and healing come as soon as possible. I'll be home in 2 months and you and I have lots of stuff to do :)

Dear 2, You're the number of nieces I'll have by the time I get back to the States in June. How is that possible?! I was telling my mom the other night that it just doesn't seem real yet. What a blessing Niece #1 has been. I can't wait for her little sister to get her :)

Dear New Prayer Cards, I've been playing around with designs for you (on paper) this week. Some time this coming week, I'm planning to email the company that will be making you for me. (*Shout out to Missions Linked!) I'm so thankful for Anna Wight taking some photos for me last summer because I know they'll go great with the design idea I have in mind. I can't wait to see how they turn out!

Dear Sorting/Packing, Ugh! I'm so tired of you! But thankfully, I was able to check everything off of my To Do List that I'd planned to do over Spring Break. Praise Jesus for the strength and determination to get that all done. Now, I only have little things to do here and there before leaving in June.

And speaking of which...

Dear Finding All Sorts of Awesomeness, You're what I did throughout this emptying-drawers-I-never-use and sorting process. I found a $10 itunes card, 3,500cfa (about $7), the Thanksgiving decorations I thought I'd lost, a couple new cds I still hadn't opened, a zillion and one mini bottles of hand sanitizer, and so much more!

Dear Amazing Race, BLTs, and Dr. Pepper, You're what I'm using to celebrate being finished with my massive To Do List. I know, I know. It's exciting. Ha! :)

Dear Staying Up AND Sleeping Late, I've so enjoyed you both during Spring Break. But alas, all good things must come to an end...

Dear Monday, You're the day we have professional development/teacher meetings all day. And then on Tuesday students come back. While, I'm not thrilled at the thought of having to set my alarm again, it is nice knowing I'll get to see "my" kids again and will be able to get back to a routine again. So it's not all bad :)

Dear God's Word, I think you'll always be my favorite book. You have it all - action, comedy, love, and most of all... Truth, Hope, Encouragement., etc.

Dear Ariel, I thing this line that you said in The Little Mermaid is awesome.

3 comments:

  1. Just out of curiosity, are you planning to leave anything behind in storage in Senegal? Or will you take it all home with you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be storing some things. ...kitchen and household stuff, mainly.

      Delete
    2. And there's someone here having a big garage sale to raise funds for their upcoming adoption. So I'm giving a lot of things to them too.

      Delete