Wednesday, April 30, 2014

5 on Friday


ONE - I went through some old SD cards this past weekend and found this picture of some fishing boats on the Dakar coast. I'm thankful for what these fishing boats represent. When I come back to Senegal, I'll be working with the Wolof, the largest unreached people group in Senegal. And the #1 job of the Wolof... fishing. I'm looking forward to this new adventure on the road to fulfilling the calling that God has placed on my life. 


TWO - We've been giving ESL tests all week. These tests help the other ESL teacher, and myself, measure the improvement made by our students over the course of this school year. It's been pretty exciting, scoring the tests, and seeing such big improvement in so many of our kids. This is a part of teaching that I love - seeing the academic growth in students. I absolutely love teaching! And ESL is such a rewarding field. I'm so thankful that God's allowed me the chance to be a part of it.



THREE - We have a 3 day weekend this weekend. I'm looking forward to tackling a few projects around my apartment, like packing up some of my things to put in storage, cooking and baking quite a bit to fill my freezer (and help me not have to cook from scratch so much these last few weeks), and calling pastors and scheduling services.

FOUR - I'm going to need a car when I get to the States. But considering my budget for such a purchase is incredibly small, and I'm currently overseas, finding a car is proving to be rather difficult. I keep telling myself I don't need to worry about it right now and that God knows what I need and when I'll need it. But being the natural planner that I am, that's not easy... *Anyone reading this have a good, reliable, inexpensive car they want to sell me ... I'm not picky. :)

Yep. That's what I've been doing.

FIVE - Dakar Academy (where I work) is looking for teachers for the 2014-2015 and the 2015-2016 school years. I have thoroughly loved my time at DA and am definitely going to miss it when I leave in June. Are you reading this and interested in any of the positions below? Want more information? Ask away. I'm happy to help. Or you can contact the school at recruiter@dakar-academy.org to get even more information.

Dakar Academy - Job Openings

No comments:

Post a Comment