Thursday, April 3, 2014

My One Thousand Gifts #143 - 149

Each week, I'm highlighting new items I've added to my list of one thousand gifts. These aren't always big things. In fact, sometimes it's the littlest things that stick out the most. 

This week, I've added 7 new things...

#143 - an email about "my" missions team

How cool to see the names of my fellow team members in writing...to see a glimpse of the new adventure that's beginning in West Africa! I love it!

#144 - a new book to read

I've said it a few times on my blog... I don't often read "for fun." I do a lot of reading for my job, so to sit down with a book and read "for fun..." Well, that doesn't happen very often. So it was nice to finally read a book I bought in the States at Christmas time. It was nice to just escape and spend time reading and not sorting/packing, making phone calls, responding to emails, etc.  :)

#145 - medical professionals

Sometimes God chooses to use medical professionals in the healing process. I'm thankful for the trained men and women that have been working on my family members in the past couple weeks. My dad was in the hospital for a week, had surgery and other procedures. My grandmother had a heart attack and major heart surgery. My dad's uncle was in the hospital. My dad's cousin was receiving another round of chemo. And more... There was a lot going on in our family. But you know... I'm thankful that God chose to use these medical professionals and the training He's given them to help my loved ones. 

#146 - ear plugs

This past week and a half, I've been so thankful for these foam pieces of awesomeness. Since I knew I wouldn't have to listen for an alarm clock, I gladly took the chance to wear ear plugs to bed. There is all sorts of noise going on at night - the guards talking, the construction of a new building right next door, and living in a building whose stairways has a HUGE echo, allowing you to hear your neighbors coming and going (and talking). But I've enjoyed the gift of sleeping late - all thanks to wearing ear plugs. I never realized what a light sleeper I used these and slept through the night, not hearing all the noise outside my apartment's doors.


#147 - Psalm 55:22

I'm thankful for this verse. A sweet friend emailed me a note including the verse this past weekend, knowing I was a little worried about my dad's upcoming surgery. I'm so thankful for the truth it contains.


#148 - a list of names

I wrote out a list of all the churches/pastors, families, and individuals that support my ministry in Dakar and then I added some more pastors I could contact to that list. ...all of that to get ready to make phone calls to set up services for my upcoming time in the States, looking to raise my increased missions budget. Before starting, I prayed over my list and thanked God for every name on it. What a blessing these men and women have been in my life! I'm so grateful for each and every one of them!

#149 - services scheduled

I'm thankful for the services I have scheduled so far and am thankful, in advance, for the others I'll have soon. It's so nice to look at my calendar and see those church names typed in. I love it!

And in case you want a recap of the other things on my list, you can find them below...

No comments:

Post a Comment