Friday, April 25, 2014

5 on Friday



ONE - We had an Easter sunrise service at church Sunday. Our West Africa A/G director preached an awesome sermon on the Resurrection.  ...which just so happens to be my all-time favorite story in the Bible. I feel so unworthy that Jesus would die on the cross for someone like me. He loved me so much that He did that. Thank you Jesus for loving me that much!




TWO - I was browsing Pinterest this past weekend and this quote by Elisabeth Elliot caught my attention. I have a list of things I'll need to happen during my time in the States. I'll need to raise a much higher missions budget. I'll need a car to drive me around to services. I'll need a teaching job to help me pay back my student loans. I could keep going... But this quote made me remember that God's timing is perfect. He knows exactly what we'll need when we'll need it. So all I'll need to do is give it all to Him.



THREE - The 99th Alabama A/G District Council happened this week. I totally took a nap after school each afternoon/evening so I could stay up late and watch/listen in on the service online. I'm so blessed to be a part of such an amazing organization as the Assemblies of God - and to be a part of the Alabama District too. I'm so excited that I'll be able to actually be there for next year's District Council!



FOUR - One of my high school students made a joke earlier this week, saying I should let them read picture books for a change, so they'd have something easy to do. So I immediately thought of a project for them to do, using these picture books. (...probably not what my student thought they'd be doing when she first made the joke, but still...) Anyways, it got me thinking about my favorite picture/children's books - either from my childhood or books I like using in teaching elementary students. Books like...



FIVE - I used to love playing Super Mario Bros when I was younger. Well, a friend emailed me a link to a website that allows you to play it online. This is now my current unwinding activity at the end of a long day :)

Play Mario online here.

No comments:

Post a Comment