Sunday, April 20, 2014

An Ode to a Dog


I was talking with my mom the other day and she reminded me that my dog turned 10 this weekend. So, I thought I'd do what any responsible dog owner/blogger would do. I'd blog about the best dog EVER :)

When I first met her, I had just started my 2nd year of college and was working at the vet's office. She was so tiny - She could fit in the palm of your hand. She'd been hit by a car and someone had left her on the front steps of the vet's office. Our vet, being the amazing guy he is, worked on her and nursed her back to health. And a few months later, I got to take her home, where she became my "baby." For 5 years, she was my shadow. She went pretty much anywhere I went. And let's be honest... When I left for Dakar, there were a few tears shed over having to leave her behind. But since my mom loved her as much as I did, I knew she was (and still is) in good hands. Y'all... I'm serious. She is the best dog ever! Happy Birthday Allie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment