Wednesday, April 30, 2014

My One Thousand Gifts #'s 170 - 174



Each week, I'm highlighting new items I've added to my list of one thousand gifts. These aren't always big things. In fact, sometimes it's the littlest things that stick out the most. 

This week, I've added 5 new things...

#170 - a box of pancake mix

This was a last minute addition to my shopping cart right before coming back to Dakar in January and I'm so glad it made the cut. Thanks to this box of easiness (and a little milk and chocolate chips), I was able to make some tasty pancakes for friends this weekend.

#171 - an encouraging email from a pastor

Getting notes from back "home" are such a nice treat, especially when they're from a supporting pastor, encouraging me and thanking me for letting them be a part of my ministry in Senegal. That's right... He thanked me. ...not the other way around. I definitely don't feel I deserve any thanks. All I do is due to God - most definitely not due to me. But still... It was nice to receive the thanks.

#172 - old SD cards

I was going through some old SD cards the other day and enjoyed going through the pictures I've taken over the past 5 years. I'm thankful for all the memories these cards hold. It was fun looking back.

#173 - improvement shown on test scores

We've been doing ESL testing this week. It's been so great to see the improvement my students have made this year. I love it!

#174 - a dinner invite at the end of a long day

Wednesday is my longest day each week since I leave for school at 6:30 and, due to Kids Club, don't leave until at least 5:30 (...or 6:00 on days like today). So when I finally get home, all I want to do is crash, and definitely not have to cook. So I was definitely very thankful that my neighbors invited me over for dinner last night. What a treat that was!  

And in case you want a recap of the other things on my list, you can find them below...

No comments:

Post a Comment