Thursday, April 10, 2014

My One Thousand Gifts #'s 150 - 156


Each week, I'm highlighting new items I've added to my list of one thousand gifts. These aren't always big things. In fact, sometimes it's the littlest things that stick out the most. 

This week, I've added 7 new things...

#150 - finishing a long To Do List

I'm thankful that I finally finished my long To Do List over Spring Break. My plan had been to get everything finished over our break so I'd have my last two months "free"...well, as free as I could considering I still have to work :)

#151 - British flag flip flops

A friend went to London with her family over Spring Break and brought me back this awesomeness. I love flip flops and London is probably my most favorite city in the whole wide world, so score! :) 

#152 - a working copy machine 

You don't realize how many copies you make in a week until the copy machine goes "out of commission"...even if only for a couple days. I'm so thankful for this piece of office equipment!

#153 - photographs

I have photos hung up around my apartment. There are photos on the wall. There are photos on the fridge. There are photos in frames on my desk, my coffee table, my dresser. There are photos in my Bible, in my desk at school, in my purse. It's safe to say... I have a lot of photos. As I was sorting through all of my stuff over Break, going through desk drawers, books, journals, etc., I gathered all of my photos into one pile. And then of course I had to stop and take a break just to look through all of them. I'm so thankful for these photos and the memories attached to each and every one.

#154 - a spontaneous pizza night with friends

Last night as I was heading home for school, I thought, Hey, pizza would be good for supper. So since I was walking with a friend, I invited her and then invited another friend and once we combined all our pizza toppings, we ended up with a nice, spur of the moment, pizza night. What a fun night! 

#155 - a bittersweet plane ticket

I finally bought my plane tickets. I had a voucher to use through one airline due to a cancelled flight from last year, so I had the first leg of my trip already purchased. But then today I finally bought the tickets that'd get me the rest of the way home (to Alabama). The flood of emotions that hit me at the moment of purchase were unreal. I was excited about 1) going home to Alabama and getting to see my family and supporters and 2) taking one more step towards this new adventure/ministry God's called me on. But at the same time, I was sad. This is one step closer to leaving DA, the place I've taught at for 5 years. So I'm definitely thankful I was able to buy the ticket, but at the same time, it was a little bittersweet.

#156 - a relevant quote

I was chatting with a friend last night about how things will change when I come back to Dakar and she shared this quote with me. I'm so excited to see the NEW that God's going to bring in my life as a result of the changes coming in my ministry and my life. Leaving the familiar can be a little scary.


And in case you want a recap of the other things on my list, you can find them below...

No comments:

Post a Comment