Saturday, April 12, 2014

The 104th Dear ____ Post

Dear A Little Less Than 2 Months, You're when I'll be leaving Dakar and heading back to the States. While I'm ready to start a time of speaking at churches, budget raising, seeing my family, and soaking in life in America again, all the while preparing to come back to Dakar to work in a new form of ministry, I'm still sad about leaving DA. It's so bittersweet...

Dear Just Being There, You're what I wish I could give to my parents right now. I hate that they spend so much time in the hospital and don't see many people come and visit them (other than my brother and church people). I wish that wasn't the case... I wish my dad had more company. I wish my mom didn't have to sit up there by herself when my dad's in dialysis. I wish... I just wish I could be there for them. 

Dear Leaving Your Comfort Zone, You're the topic of a post I'm writing (...which will be posted next month) on the Skybridge Blog. *Check this blog out. You won't be disappointed! Anywho - It's perfect timing, since God's clearly pulling me from my own "comfort zone" at this point in my life. And thankfully, I'm able to see all He's teaching me through it. It's fun seeing God's hand at work. I love it!


Dear Chocolate Chip Cookies, Normally, cookie baking is not something I excel at. I'd like to blame my oven. But let's face it. Me and cookie making just don't see eye to eye. ...until Thursday, that is. That's when I finally broke the burnt cookie streak and made an AWESOMELY DELICIOUS batch of chocolate chip cookies. *And now I'll go find my humbleness that I clearly lost while baking said cookies :)



Dear Roundtrip Plane Tickets, Why were you cheaper than one-way tickets (which I needed)? That's crazy...

Dear Helen Keller, You've always been such an inspiration to me. Being a native of our state, you were someone almost all Alabamian children learned about in school. To see how you overcame the obstacles life placed in your path is inspiring, to say the least. And you were the subject of a book one of my elementary kids was reading this week. She was so excited to tell me all about you. I loved it!


Dear Maryland, Since I just drove through you last summer, it didn't count. But since I get to spend a couple days with friends and colleagues there (YAY!) on my way "home" from Dakar in June,  I'll get to add you to my list of states I've visited.


Dear Picture Below, I posted you on Facebook on Thursday. Sometimes it's hard to believe we're grown ups now. It feels like we should still be little kids. I'm a lucky (blessed) girl to have this guy as my bubba :)


Dear Jesus, A student and I had a nice conversation about you the other day - thanks to something brought up in a Bible class. What a gift to be able to talk freely about you with my students!

Dear Palm Sunday, You're tomorrow! Can you imagine what it must have felt like to be there when Jesus came into Jerusalem?!

No comments:

Post a Comment