Thursday, April 24, 2014

My One Thousand Gifts #'s 165 - 169


Each week, I'm highlighting new items I've added to my list of one thousand gifts. These aren't always big things. In fact, sometimes it's the littlest things that stick out the most. 

This week, I've added 5 new things...

#165 - an Easter sunrise service

And what a nice service it was! I'm thankful for a great message, communion, a beautiful sunrise, and the chance to celebrate the resurrection of our Savior with co-workers, friends, and fellow believers! 

#166 - people to share an Easter meal with

Being away from family on holidays is always a bit sad. But it's nice to have a family that includes me in their celebrations. I think we ended up with 21 people! I'm so thankful for them inviting me, for all of the delicious food (including turkey!!), and for the great time of fellowship with everyone there. What a blessing it was!

#167 - an online streaming of the Alabama A/G District Council services

I was excited to see a link posted, allowing those of us not at District Council to still get to experience the services. It was such a blessing to feel like I was still "there." 

#168 - a bag of Conversation hearts

Back at Valentine's Day, someone sent me a few bags of my favorite Heart Day treat and I saved one bag of them for later on. When I realized at the last minute that I'd forgotten to make a treat for our Bible Study party, I thought hey - I could take the Valentine's candy. So I'm thankful, not only for the candy and the person who gave it to me, but I'm also thankful that I thought ahead to leave one bag unopened in case of a Conversation Heart "emergency" such as this :)

#169 - a stack of picture books

...because sometimes, you might just be surprise your middle and high schoolers with a project involving them. 

And in case you want a recap of the other things on my list, you can find them below...

No comments:

Post a Comment