Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Cinco



In honor of today being Cinco de Mayo, I thought I'd do a Cinco themed survey of sorts...

Cinco happy thoughts at the moment...

1. I leave for Senegal exactly 3 weeks and 1 day from today!
2. I am over half way finished with my IEP meetings! 
3. I'm blessed to be so close to my brother!
4. School is almost out for the summer!
5. I'm looking forward to Special Olympics on Friday!

Cinco facts about your week...

1. I have 3 meetings today.
2. I am planning to get takeout Mexican on my way home so my mom and I can "celebrate" the holiday :)
3. Special Olympics is Friday!
4. It's taken a little caffeine and a lot of Jesus to get me through these late nights writing (prepping) IEPs.
5. It's been 16 days since my world was changed in a truly painful way.

Cinco reasons I'm thankful...

1. ...for my salvation and the hope and knowledge that comes with that.
2. ...for my job and the kids I get to work with!
3. I have a job that pays for all I need and almost all I want too.
4. My mom!
5. I have an air conditioner at home, in my classroom, in my car, etc.

Cinco annoyances...

1. ...overuse (and incorrect use) of LOL.
2. ...saying you know "exactly" how I feel about my dad passing.
3. ...pollen and it's attack on my sinuses.
4. ...cool weather's departure making way for this riculously hot weather.
5. ...people who only contact you when they want something.

Cinco random things...

1. Ice cold water has the same effect as caffeine on me.
2. I love music. But I have a hard time remembering lyrics, even to my favorite songs.
3. Speaking of memorization, I have a hard time memorizing anything! 
4. I may or may not be slightly obsessed with the show 19 Kids and Counting.
5. Student loans may seem great at the time, but boy will they come back and bite you in the bum when you have to start paying them back.

No comments:

Post a Comment