Monday, May 25, 2015

Senegal... I'll see you soon!


In about 36 hours,  I'll be boarding the first of three planes, heading to Dakar, Senegal. 

...and barring major delays or problems, which I'm TOTALLY PRAYING AGAINST, I'll be landing 20ish hours after that. So feel free to join me in praying :)

I'll be spending the majority my time at Dakar Academy, and the surrounding community.

Oh D.A., I've missed you...

I'll be visiting friends, helping former co-workers wrap up their school year, pack up classrooms, pack up their homes, and do anything else I can to help out. I'll be reuniting with friends, former students, and co-workers, and enjoying life back in the DA "bubble" that I've missed so much since being back in the States.

I'll also be visiting/hanging out with former missionary colleagues and exploring the area of Senegal where they've set up their life/ministry. I'll be prayerfully praying through my time there, preparing my own self for the call God placed on my life. I'll be prayerfully planning for my own full-time return (which won't be for quite a while - so don't worry Mom and current co-workers).

I'm not naming the area or the missionaries just to protect their "open doors" and safety.

I look forward to embracing Senegalese culture again. I look forward to yummy food - meat stick sandwiches, nems, and of course meals around the common bowl. 

Oh, I so can't wait for cheb...and mafe...and yassa...and... :)

I look forward to visiting the market and acting like a tourist. I look forward to walking up and down the "aisles," practicing my Wolof greetings, speaking broken French, and checking out the items for sale.


But most of all, I look forward to going back to the place that stole my heart almost 6 years ago. I look forward to just being there.


And just in case my Mom or current co-workers are reading this... I PROMISE YOU THIS... I'm not staying for good. I'm only going to be gone the 2 weeks I planned. I know you all have a secret thought (fear) that I'm going to get there and not want to leave :)

Don't worry. This is just for a visit :)

No comments:

Post a Comment