Friday, May 1, 2015

It's the little things...

It's the little things...

That's what I try to think about when I feel just totally and completely overwhelmed at life. 

On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being totally overwhelmed, lately I've been at about 13.5. Between my dad's passing and having a lot on my plate at work, I've had so very much on my mind. 

So last night I finally told myself... 

Its the little things...

I knew I needed to focus on the little things that have come my way recently. 

...things that made me smile and, even if only for a moment, made me forget the worry and stress and sadness.

And here's what I came up with.

...a day spent with my sweet Mama.


...finally finding a pair of rain boots I could afford. And double points because they are cute too :)


...seeing signs of new life everywhere I look outside.


...hearing my youngest niece call me Zizzie (my aunt name) for the first time.


...going to a beautiful wedding and seeing friends I hadn't seen in quite a while.


...a tasty treat after a long day of work.


...finding a note written by a previous student :)


...hearing my oldest niece talking to my dog and telling her to say cheese for the camera :)


...receiving an encouraging video from a friend of the family and a professional singer. 


...seeing pictures of the country that stole my heart 5 1/2 years ago, making me all the more excited about visiting it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment