Monday, May 25, 2015

Just sayin'...

I have a lot on my mind, but not enough for a full blog post on each topic. 

So, voila! 

You get this random assortment of thoughts :)

1. Memorial Day


You know what bugs me about Memorial Day? It's how many people clearly don't know the difference between it and Veterans Day. Just sayin'... It's kind of sad. 

2. Pentecost Sunday 


Yesterday was Pentecost Sunday, yet many Pentecostal churches don't even acknowledge it. ...which is also kind of sad. Just sayin'...

3. Homiletics

My Homiletics class was this past Saturday. And honestly, it was the absolute best class I've taken thus far! I came away with more knowledge and understanding and appreciation of the subject than I have with any other topic. And the teacher was awesome too! Seriously y'all... Best class ever! Just sayin'...

4. Not saying goodbye is hard.


As I prepare to fly to Senegal in a couple days, I can't help but miss my Dad even more. 

I didn't realize how hard it'd be to not be able to say goodbye. Just sayin'...

5. The Duggars


Wow! Talk about a shocker! Y'all, I've always been a big fan of the Duggars. And this recent confession truly did shock me! 

But what's shocked me even more is the way the media has hypocritically attacked this family. Yes. What he did was wrong! ...bad wrong! And yes. His parents also did wrong by not reporting it immediately and not getting him (or his victims) REAL help. 

But y'all... How many celebrities have come out with shocking revelations like this (or worse) and nothing is even said about them?! The media totally picks and chooses who they want to focus on.

Josh Duggar did wrong. So did Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar. But they've ackowledge that and repented of those wrongs and have asked for forgiveness. 

And after all... Every single one of us on this planet, including myself, sins. If you say you don't, then you're sinning now by lying. My point is, we all mess up from time to time. Why focus on this one family?! Just sayin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment