Tuesday, May 19, 2015

One month later...


I love this quote. And in this past month I've come to realize just how true it really is.

One month ago today...

I woke up and tried to prepare myself, knowing "today's the day." 

I visited with family and friends that came by.

When the time got close, I stood close to my mom and brother.

I said my last goodbye and gave my last hug and kiss.

I cried. ...a lot.

I prayed. ...a lot.

I realized no amount of preparation could've worked.

I stayed close to my mom and brother.

I called my closest co-worker and my principal.

I called students' parents to reschedule meetings.

I called family and friends.

I emailed friends around the world.

I realized my dad would celebrate his birthday (which was the following day) in Heaven.

I cried. ...a lot.

I prayed. ...a lot.

And I thanked God 

...for the 29 1/2 years I had with my sweet Daddy.

...for the memories I have.

...for the lessons he taught me.

...for the countless words of encouragement, advice, and guidance.

...for the love I had been shown.

...for the support of family, friends, and co-workers.

...for prayers that went up, all around the world, on my/our behalf.

But most of all...

I was (and still am) thankful for a God who, in His infinite wisdom, chose to allow me to be born with my dad as my dad. 

I'm thankful that no matter how much pain I was (and still am) feeling, I know I would never called him back from Heaven.

I'm thankful that I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that I will get see him again one day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment