Sunday, November 10, 2013

Currently

I'm currently (still) on a spiritual "high" from this weekend's retreat. I am so thankful for the guest speaker and worship team's ministry to us this past weekend. I'm thankful for them following the leading of the Holy Spirit in the services this weekend. I am thankful for God bringing the right message for this time in my life. I'm thankful that He knew exactly what I needed to hear exactly when I needed to hear it.

I'm currently wishing I could go back to that beautiful hotel our retreat was held at this weekend. Wow! Was it amazing! :)

I'm currently thankful that it's cooler here in Dakar. I'm thankful for nice breezes flowing through my apartment, for electricity running fans (on low), and for the desire for hot chocolate and pajama pants. It really is the little things in life that mean the most sometimes :)

I'm currently looking over my plans for the week. It's Senegal Appreciation Week at school, so I've found ways to incorporate that into all of my classes throughout the week. I'm also making my own list of my things I appreciate about Senegal. Stay tuned blog readers. That post will be up later this week.

I'm currently glad my dad's feeling better and had a good first two days back at work. I'm also glad he has the day off today, so he'll have a little more time to rest :)

I'm currently grateful for the twenty extra minutes I had this morning. After being away the entire weekend, it was nice to have those few extra minutes of prep this morning. And since I brought some work home with me, it was nice to do it from the comfort of my own home.

I'm currently looking forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas. ...my two favorite holidays! And since rumors of turkeys have been announced, I'm looking even more forward to Thanksgiving :)

I'm currently deciding to forgo decorating for Christmas 'til after Thanksgiving. I had big plans to break out all the red and green and decorate this week. But the more I've thought about it, the more I've decided to wait. Normally I'm not here on Christmas. In fact, I usually leave the week before. So it's more meaningful to decorate early - so I can actually have time to enjoy it. But since I'll actually be here in Dakar over Christmas Break, I'll have longer to enjoy the decorated goodness. And now, I'm sure anyone reading this is currently bored with my rambling. Ha :)

I'm currently writing out my Christmas shopping list. Since I won't be there this year, I'm having to plan early to either order things online or have things sent back home with co-workers going that way.

I'm currently thankful for all the veterans that have bravely fought for my country's (and my) freedom. I'm currently proud to call the USA home and I know it wouldn't be the free nation it is without the selfless service of this amazing group of men and women.

No comments:

Post a Comment