Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Currently

I'm currently coughing up a lung, or so it feels. This cold that's going around is no joke. Ugh!

I'm currently drinking my 4th cup of (hot) tea of the day. It seems to be the only thing that will help my throat. Thank goodness it's decaf...

I'm currently frustrated with whatever's causing Skype not to work. But at least I know it's not just my computer, which I feared for a little while. It's just incredibly annoying not being able to talk to my parents. Too bad they live so far out in the boonies that Internet won't work, so email's even a little hard... P.S. "Boonies" means way, way out in the country for all you non-Southerners :)

I'm currently glad I had a rare free Tuesday afternoon today. It gave me time to do prep work for my classes and to have a long chat with a friend.

I'm currently watching and laughing at episodes of The Beverly Hillbillies. ...so funny!

I'm currently thankful for the rain and lower temp's making it cooler today. This is such a great time of year :)

I'm currently looking forward to watching tomorrow's basketball game, especially since I have a student playing. I'm sad we had to cancel Kids Club due to a required staff meeting. But I'm looking at this as a blessing in disguise since I never get to watch our Wednesday games.

I'm currently thinking that it's funny that many of my friends in Alabama are still experiencing summer-like weather and we're actually having much cooler weather here in Dakar :)

I'm currently reading through Psalms. Right now I'm on chapter 119. I'm learning all sorts of new things. It's such a good feeling when I read something that feels as if God put it there just for me. Thanks for all the personal touches God :)

I'm currently planning ahead for future blog posts. I've got some fun ideas in the works :)


I'm currently feeling homesick. I knew it'd hit me at some point. Well, it happened this week. Even the idea of decorating for Christmas doesn't feel as fun as it normally does. I'm planning to make myself decorate this coming weekend. I know it's early, but 1) I think it'll boost my spirits and 2) I'll be gone the weekend after Thanksgiving, so I won't be able to decorate then. So it'll be nice to come back and have a nicely decorated apartment.

Speaking of Thanksgiving, I'm currently looking forward to Thanksgiving weekend. I'm eating lunch with my fellow American and Canadian A/Gers on the big day. Then I'm leaving the day after to spend the weekend in a (somewhat) nearby village with some friends and a team of people from the States. FYI...I'm so not the "roughin' it" type. I've never slept outside. I've never taken a bucket bath. I'm so stepping out of my comfort zone here. Yay for growing up! :)

P.S. On a Thanksgiving related note... Guess who's currently excited about having turkey on Thanksgiving. Yep. That'd be this girl :)

No comments:

Post a Comment