Sunday, November 3, 2013

Currently

I'm currently liking the red nail polish I'm wearing. It was a last minute purchase at Wal-Mart this past August and I'm so glad I grabbed it. It's amazing how much something like freshly painted nails can change a person's mood.

I'm currently drinking a mug of hot tea. I am so so thankful for cooler temps so I don't sweat while I drink this awesomeness :)

I'm currently (well as of last night) sleeping with a cover sheet again. I do believe Cool Season has FINALLY arrived! Be on the lookout for a blog post in the near future about the awesomeness that is Cool Season in Dakar.

I'm currently looking over my "homework" for one of the Bible Studies I'm a part of. For this one, I'm  working through the Beth Moore study on the life of David. It is so good!

I'm currently trying to do better at taking pictures, which I'm sure will make my parents happier :) It does help, though, that my ipod takes pretty great pictures. And it's so easy to post them straight to Facebook for everyone my parents to see :)

I'm currently (almost) finished reading Wild Goose Chase by Mark Batterson. This is the 3rd time I've read this book and I think I love it more and more each time I read it. ...such a great book. I definitely recommend it!

I'm currently blogging about my list of one thousand gifts based off of this book. Want to see what I've listed so far? You can see #'s 1-3 here and #'s 4-16 here. I'm not listing these ahead of time. These are totally thought up at the moment God brings them to my attention. This has been so much fun, seeing how God's helping me to be more aware of, and thankful for, the little things in life. I'm so blessed! That's for sure!

I'm currently happy after a full weekend that consisted of dinner each night with (different) friends and way too much good, catching up on work, catching up on emails, catching up on sleep, meal prepping for the week, hanging out with friends, and even a bit of relaxing down time.

I'm looking forward to the week ahead. We're having Spirit Week at school, so there will be a fun "dress up" theme to wear every day. I have a few new "tricks" up my sleeve for working with my students. I have a fun craft planned for my younger ones that goes along with our lesson. I'm not above tricking kids into thinking they're just painting when really...they're learning! Shh... Don't tell them that, though :) And then I get the joy of attending this year's women's retreat where I'm planning to leave the internet world behind me for the weekend and just enjoy hanging out with friends and co-workers, hearing a fabulous speaker, and just digging deeper in the Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment