Saturday, November 2, 2013

The 83rd Dear _____ Post

Dear November, You're here! Yay! Bring on the cooler temps, fun outings planned with friends, the Senegal Missionary Women's Retreat, Thanksgiving (and yummy Thanksgiving foods), 2 1/2 days off from school, fun projects planned for my classes, and more!


Dear Pumpkin Roll with Cream Cheese Filling, I have a recipe for you saved to my computer, ready to be made for Thanksgiving.

Dear Fall Projects, I have a few of you planned to do with my classes. I may not be able to do as many as usual since I only have my kiddos for such a short amount of time each day, but I'll find a way to get as many of you as possible to coordinate with what I'm teaching in my ESL classes :)

Dear Cornerstone by Hillsong, You are such a great song. I find myself singing you at some point during my day almost every day.


Dear 9, You're the number of pounds I've lost since the first week of September! This equals major awesomness and a super big ego boost :)

Dear My Parents, I've been missing you so much this week. I'm glad I got to talk to you a few times. Now I just wish I could do so in person...

Dear YOLO and LOL, You're two acronyms that I think are incredibly overused.

Dear Shoe in the Picture Below, You're a pretty popular choice of shoe among many of the people working here. You're lightweight, waterproof, and comfortable. You're good for lots of walking and even for wearing in the ocean. So I thought I'd check you out. Wow! You are so expensive! Therefore, you'll be staying on the store shelves and off of my feet.

These pricey shoes can be found here

Dear Gilligan's Island, I've been watching reruns of you this week. You were such a funny show. I'm so glad I got that season of you on dvd this past summer.

Dear 2, You're the number of days I had to stay home this week because I was sick. At the risk of having this post labeled as TMI, let me just say... Did you know that according to thesaurus.com, there are 18 (yes, 18!) synonyms of "throw up." And no matter what you call it, I still don't like it...

Dear Anonymous Donation to My A/G Account, You're what I received the other day. Can we say, AWESOME? Oh my word... :)

Dear Visitor from the States, My first one of you will be coming in April. I can't wait! :)

Dear Cool Season, Could it be true? Are you really here? That's what everyone keeps saying. And while I definitely do feel a few more breezes outside, I hate to get my hopes up...

Dear Busy Weekend, You're what I have planned, but I'm glad. I like keeping busy. It makes the days go faster :)

Dear Helping Students with Other Classes, I've been doing quite a bit of you after teaching my own lesson every day. Just this week I've had to help with writing a ballad for a British Literature class, study (the biggest ever) vocabulary words for Biology, identifying the theme in the book Red Badge of Courage (a book I'm not a fan of), and study for a Bible test that included information on the Mosaic Covenant and the Abrahamic Covenant. I seriously feel like I'm back in high school. ...or in my case, college. These kids learn far more things in high school than I ever did. And all of my kids are trying to learn English in the process. So major props to my kiddos. Major props, for sure! :)

Dear Mosaic Covenant and Abrahamic Covenant, I helped a couple of my students study about you for a test they had this week. When I first saw their study guide, I was a little worried. I had never heard of you (sad, I'm sure). Anyways - Once I read their notes and textbook, I've got to say... You're a pretty interesting topic. I'm glad they're learning all they're learning right now. I'm actually enjoying learning along with them :)

Dear Amazing, You're how I'd describe this past week. I've enjoyed having one good thing happen after another and hearing one good report via email after another. Thanks God for such an amazingly encouraging week!

Dear 9:45 a.m., You're how late I slept this morning! That's got to be a new record for me :)

2 comments:

  1. If you want some good sandals (thought maybe not for the ocean), I bought some nice "supportive" dressy sandals made by Merrel--after 28 years of flip-flops, I have finally come to the acceptance that I need to have good support. :) Clarks and Teva also have some good options, but I really like Merrel's because they were attractive and good quality. They have a variety of designs. Mine were about $50, which is expensive (but not $90), but they are good quality and sure to last a while. I price hunted around on Amazon for a while before I found the ones I wanted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip Danielle. I'll check them out.

      Delete