Thursday, November 21, 2013

My One Thousand Gifts #'s 29 - 34



This week, I've added 6 new things to my list of 1,000 gifts...

#29 - Cool Season 

Praise Jesus that Cool Season is here! I'm so thankful for cooler temp's staying around for good! 

#30 - cards and notes in the mail

Since the addition to email and Facebook to our lives, people don't seem to write letters and cards and send them the old-fashioned, "snail mail" way much anymore. For someone who absolutely LOVES getting letters, cards, and notes in the mail, this is a sad, sad thing. So imagine my surprise when I got two (2!!) cards, with sweet handwritten notes in the past week! And one even included some Thanksgiving stickers. I don't think people realize how much little things like a handwritten note or letter can really mean for someone. It's pretty awesome for this girl. I can say that :)

#31 - Christmas decorations

I finally decided that I will decorate for Christmas this coming weekend. I'll be gone the weekend after Thanksgiving, so I want it to all be up when I get back. I can't wait. I'm feeling incredibly homesick and sad about not getting to spend the holidays with my family this year and haven't really been in the Christmas spirit yet. So I think having the pretty decorations, my little Charlie Brown tree, and colorful lights all put up will help lift my spirits. I can't wait! :)

#32 - noise cancellation headphones 

There are times when I'm trying to study/read/whatever and all I can hear outside is the dogs barking, the people talking (loudly) outside, the goats "talking" (what is the sound that goats make called???), horns honking on the highway, tires squealing, sirens sounding, vendors walking by yelling out the products they're selling, construction on the new apartment next door (at 7 a.m. on Saturdays!!!), and more. So at times like those, I'm so grateful for this fabulous invention (in the earbud form) and that there was a great sale at Best Buy this summer when they were on sale for half off the regular price. 

#33 - a gift card from Shutterfly

I use Shutterfly for my Christmas photo cards to supporters almost every year. Why? They're cheap. They're cute. They have good customer service. So imagine my delight when my brother writes to tell me I got 2 $10 gift cards in the mail from them. I've had my eye on something cute from there for a while, but wouldn't buy it since I didn't want to spend the money on myself and since money's pretty tight at the moment and I'm only buying the bare necessities. So yay for a chance to treat myself (for free)!

#34 - the Bible 

I'm so thankful for this book. I'm thankful that my parents raised me, taught me, modeled for me, to love this Book. I'm thankful that I can own and read it without fear of persecution. I'm thankful that I can have multiple copies of it and multiple versions of it. I'm thankful I can have it on in paper form, on my computer, and on my ipod. I'm thankful I work in a school where I can have it sitting on my disk, where I can teach about it, where I can decorate my room with verses from it. I'm thankful for the lessons I learn each and every time I read it. I'm thankful that God has ordained the Words inside it long ago, but that it still applies to my life today. I'm so thankful for this awesome book!

And in case you want a recap of the items already on my list, you can find them by clicking on the links below...
 1 - 3  

No comments:

Post a Comment