Friday, October 17, 2014

A Second Helping of Alphabet Soup

I was having Writer's Block, trying to think of a good blog post for today. But I wanted to keep the momentum going and continue writing a post a day. 

When I mentioned this to a friend, she suggested doing a repeat of my Alphabet  Soup post, and then helped me think of some new ABC prompts. 

So here is a second helping of the ABCs of me. 



I...

...accept the fact that it is cold and I need to "retire" my flip flops until Winter is over, even though that makes me sad :)

...believe in people. I always try my best to find the good in people. 

...cry at the end of The Notebook every single time I watch it. I know it's coming, but it still gets me every single time. 

...do a weekly series on my blog, called the Dear ____ Posts. And honestly, I think these are my most favorite posts each week. 

...expected a little more hyperactivity in my students today. Why? It's Friday. And yes, I was right :)

...frequently am the first or second one to arrive at work. I'd much rather get there early and then not have to work late.

...gave a pencil top eraser to a kid today and you should have seen his face. It was like I had given him a million bucks :)

...haven't been in a Target since I got back in June. I know. I was shocked too when I thought about it :)

...ignore naysayers who say I can't do something.

...am juggling a few different responsibilities and really have to keep a check on myself so I don't get so totally and completely overwhelmed.

...know for a fact that I will not be setting my alarm tomorrow. I'm just praying I can sleep late!

...am learning so much from going in other teachers' classrooms. I'm getting so many ideas for teaching strategies and activity ideas and things like that. So I guess having my crazy busy schedule isn't all bad :)

...moved a lot growing up. 

...need to buy some dressy, closed toe shoes for work. It's too cold to wear flip flops.

...ordered a couple school shirts from a fundraiser going on at my school. 

...am planning to stay a couple hours after school's over today so I can get some work done. That ways I won't have so much to do this weekend.  

...will be quenching my thirst this afternoon with a cranberry limeade from Sonic. That is my weekly treat to myself every Friday afternoon after school :)

...rode the bus for our field trip the other day. That's the first time I've been on a school bus in 6 years. 

...struggle with homesickness for Dakar. I know I'm where God wants me to be, but I still miss being over there.

...will try a food once, just to see if I like it or not. 

...will be unpacking my school bag for a blog post later this weekend. Wow! I didn't realize how much I had stuffed in there!

...work at a great school. I'm really blessed to have such a great principal, great co-workers, and great students.

...expect the Ebola situation will get worse before it gets better if America doesn't do something. I know I've said it before but I just cannot understand how Senegal, a third world country, can do a better job at stopping it than the United States. It's just baffling.

...am yearning for Heaven more now than ever before. Things are getting worse and worse in this world we live in. I can't wait to hang out with my Savior for all of eternity!

...zipped up my jackets as soon as I got outside yesterday. Oh my word! It's so cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment