Thursday, October 30, 2014

Thursday's Thoughts


I'm thinking about a few things...

1. We will have the State Dept. at school all this week, as part of our re-accreditation process. Then we have Special Ed. state monitoring 2 weeks after that. I know that I'll be doing what I'm supposed to be doing, the thought of having so many people in my room doing observations, asking a zillion and one questions, checking every little bit of my lesson plans, IEPs, etc. But I must say... It still makes me nervous...

2. After my all-day workshop today, I went to work at my school. When I walked in, the after-school kids were walking towards my direction and I know I had at least a half dozen or more yelling out, "Hey Miss Nichols!" and running up to hug me. Talk about an ego boost! :)

3. I was talking with another teacher on the way to our workshop this morning and found out her grandfather is originally from Liberia. She and I talked about life in West Africa and about the Ebola outbreak, and the ridiculousness of some of the media coverage of it. 

4. I saw the prayer below one day last week, saved it to my phone, and have been thinking about it ever since. ...so true.

 




Dear Google Images, Thanks for the use of the pictures used in this blog post. I appreciate your generosity :)

No comments:

Post a Comment